• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Diamonds at /Warp Shop
(07-25-2016, 12:39 AM)slyer66 Wrote: Player run economy is worst idea ever since scumbag factor takes over it.I'll explain why. We were happy 2 sellers who sold Mending books  for 500$. So one day the guy Yoda decided to sell them for 450$ and he told me he is making business.  Logical step for me would be lower to 400$ to make business as he said. Instead of that i lowered to 200$  and killed his business since i can get them books for free infinite amount it just takes a little time trading. And i think Yoda cant afford lower price below 450$. Talking about diamonds, there is no use for me (0 value) cuz i have mending on everything. And I'm more happy to sell more for 40$ than waste my time  finding someone to buy for 100$. I can keep my business going till i run out of stock, but people buy diamonds barely for 40$ and i have infinite amount of books, so it won't happen that soon. Only way is to make admin shop and make logical values for everything. The system is ridiculous because 1 Iron Ore stack gives u 100$, for my price it is 2 diamonds, for "other player" price 1 diamond. When I'm mining at Y=12, I probably on every stack of iron ores find ~~15 diamonds (even more or less I'm not sure). But that shows how the value is way too high.

Part of me wants to say, "that's capitalism!" as things are only worth what people are willing to pay, people can undercut but then there is only so far that will go down as your example shows.

However, I also support all items being sold by the server shop, that way it gives a logical starting point and hopefully regulates the market a bit.
Come visit my base and shop at:

/WARP MESA