• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Diamonds at /Warp Shop
The server's reset and the economy has a chance to start over and be a good, working part of Hometown now. This means cobblestone might actually be worth more than throwing into a pit of lava and selling items for more than 1$ isn't a rip off.  Diamonds, a major sales item, are said to be valued at 100$.  Although some of the 1.8 rock blocks and a few other building items are bought at the server's /Warp Shop we have yet to see prices firmly set for anything else.  Economy is still up in the air and the only items which have fixed minimum prices are those few seen in the Shop.  So again, Diamonds are said to be worth 100$ each, yet players are selling them at lower.  Under half the price with some and others going yet lower.  There is no "value" to diamonds but for what they can be sold for and if it's left up to the players (like the old system did) we'll see the same thing happen. Devaluing of the economy. 
I am suggesting that diamonds be added to the items which /Warp Shop buys and somewhat soon. Setting the minimum price there means if other players want to sell a diamond for 40$ each they'll be taking a loss and have incentive to raise the price.  Those selling can gain more money if the lowest price is higher than what is being used now.  Underselling to this extent will be greatly reduced and help the players and the economy. If we're going to have an economy on Hometown then ought we make it a good one?  
Should there be a reason against doing this that has prevented them being added already, please do explain.  As it is now, all that seems to be occurring is diamonds going lower and lower.  There are only benefits to be seen from adding them to shop which I can think of.

The main reason to this post is that I want to know why they are not in shop already.  It seems a simple and obvious control to a main item in the economy, yet have not been added.  I'd like to know if there is a reason to this that I cannot see.  
-ThatPestering1

(07-24-2016, 12:32 AM)ThatChicken1 Wrote: The server's reset and the economy has a chance to start over and be a good, working part of Hometown now. This means cobblestone might actually be worth more than throwing into a pit of lava and selling items for more than 1$ isn't a rip off.  Diamonds, a major sales item, are said to be valued at 100$.  Although some of the 1.8 rock blocks and a few other building items are bought at the server's /Warp Shop we have yet to see prices firmly set for anything else.  Economy is still up in the air and the only items which have fixed minimum prices are those few seen in the Shop.  So again, Diamonds are said to be worth 100$ each, yet players are selling them at lower.  Under half the price with some and others going yet lower.  There is no "value" to diamonds but for what they can be sold for and if it's left up to the players (like the old system did) we'll see the same thing happen. Devaluing of the economy. 
I am suggesting that diamonds be added to the items which /Warp Shop buys and somewhat soon. Setting the minimum price there means if other players want to sell a diamond for 40$ each they'll be taking a loss and have incentive to raise the price.  Those selling can gain more money if the lowest price is higher than what is being used now.  Underselling to this extent will be greatly reduced and help the players and the economy. If we're going to have an economy on Hometown then ought we make it a good one?  
Should there be a reason against doing this that has prevented them being added already, please do explain.  As it is now, all that seems to be occurring is diamonds going lower and lower.  There are only benefits to be seen from adding them to shop which I can think of.

The main reason to this post is that I want to know why they are not in shop already.  It seems a simple and obvious control to a main item in the economy, yet have not been added.  I'd like to know if there is a reason to this that I cannot see.  
-ThatPestering1

I agree with Chicken, seeing that the staff set a price, yet other players seem to ignore, I believe that adding diamonds to /warp shop would help set a base price for diamonds, preventing players from trashing our economy.
Big Grin The Official "Ginga" on the server Big Grin
Warps I own:
/warp Emporium
/warp Gingshop
/warp Rivertown
/warp minfo

I totally agree with this. Its kind of silly to see Diamonds going for as low as 40$ in some instances, when two stacks of Granite are worth more. Since the value of most things are attached / gauged to the price of diamonds, I believe Diamonds being bought for 100$ in the server shop is a must.
[Image: tWuSvOo.gif]
Miniwoop-woop! 
Check out Warp Bshop! 

I agree too we didn't reset the economy for it to be the same as before

We're debating this. Stay tuned.

If diamonds really would be worth 100$ , then my chest for 40$ would disappear in less than 1 min. I make 60% discount for one of the most important items and people barely buy them. U have to change whole system + add other shops.

(07-24-2016, 11:30 PM)slyer66 Wrote: If diamonds really would be worth 100$ , then my chest for 40$ would disappear in less than 1 min. I make 60% discount for one of the most important items and people barely buy them. U have to change whole system + add other shops.

Most people aren't  really into buying diamonds, because they are either saving up cash or have enough.  Staff set a worth for diamonds, and some aren't listening, so people are getting frustrated.  Selling diamonds at $40 a piece is making the new economy go downhill faster than it should, really.  And anyways, wouldn't you want more money than you're making already?  Also, people see you advertising in chat and refuse to buy because you're not listening to the minimum price.
~/warp wool (free sheep farm)
~/warp leshop (affordable items)
~/warp smelt (free smelters)

Slyer's getting money from his diamonds but much less than he should be getting for the time he puts into mining them. I'm in favor of a fully player run economy without a server shop but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.
-DrBot

Player run economy is worst idea ever since scumbag factor takes over it.I'll explain why. We were happy 2 sellers who sold Mending books  for 500$. So one day the guy Yoda decided to sell them for 450$ and he told me he is making business.  Logical step for me would be lower to 400$ to make business as he said. Instead of that i lowered to 200$  and killed his business since i can get them books for free infinite amount it just takes a little time trading. And i think Yoda cant afford lower price below 450$. Talking about diamonds, there is no use for me (0 value) cuz i have mending on everything. And I'm more happy to sell more for 40$ than waste my time  finding someone to buy for 100$. I can keep my business going till i run out of stock, but people buy diamonds barely for 40$ and i have infinite amount of books, so it won't happen that soon. Only way is to make admin shop and make logical values for everything. The system is ridiculous because 1 Iron Ore stack gives u 100$, for my price it is 2 diamonds, for "other player" price 1 diamond. When I'm mining at Y=12, I probably on every stack of iron ores find ~~15 diamonds (even more or less I'm not sure). But that shows how the value is way too high.

I'll i have to say about the Diamond thing is that Mending itself really hurt the need to stockpile diamonds. Since one can take an Unbreaking 3 Diamond Pick with Mending and almost never have to replace it.