• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Ban This Player
Um, so there is this player on the server that I just met recently. We socialized and not even within 24 hours, he began to get very clingy, sensitive, emotional and obsessive. Earlier, we got into a tiny disagreement and he took it in the wrong perspective. He began to threaten to resort to self harm as well as suicide. I really didn't feel comfortable at that point knowing a person on the server was going to commit self harm. I blocked him on Skype and left the server. I'm hoping that some form of authority will take action to the situation. I hope this can be handled as soon as possible. As a player, I feel very threatened and insecure after what went down. Thank you so much for reading this post.

If you don't want to listen to him we have a very simple command.

/ignore AnthonyRTerell

And you won't be able to see any chat message he says

There are a few things I need to ask of you before this can be addressed.

1) Did this happen primarily on the server or on Skype?

2) Did you get screenshots of what was said? It would be a lot easier address if there were screenshots of the incident. Any action on the staff-team's part have to be backed by evidence to justify the action; it's a form of checks-and-balances we have.

If this happened on the server, then I may be able to see if the console logged the comments–I would just need the date time and day that this happened, as well as your timezone. If this was mainly on Skype, then it's iffy.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

I met him on the server, some things were said on Minecraft, some where said on Skype. It happened yesterday (9/4/2016 EST 6:10 PM). If no actions can be taken because it wasn't all on the server then I will just ignore him like Nether said to do and try to enjoy my time on the server. If he continues to follow me on the server is that considered something that can be handled?

Best I can say for now is ignore them, and we'll have staff watch out for you while you're online (as best they can). I'm searching through the private messages now, and I can't find any mention of Anthony threatening self harm; that must've taken place on Skype?
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

Yes, it took place on Skype.

Well, best I'll do for now is tell them to leave you alone, and if I see them trying to contact you again, I'll ban them for harassment.
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!