Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP): SMP

Minecraft name: _JELLy__

Reason for your ban: Arguing with staff for disrespect

Who banned you: Vil

Why should you be unbanned: Here's the full story. I will put it in point form so every staff can see it clearly.
1. I built a gold farm in the gold farm world with 112 portals.

2. The tutorial say the limit for PUBLIC gold farms is 50 portals.

3. There is NO portal limit mentioned for private gold farm, in tutorial OR gold farm world thread. 

4. Arrei in the Gold farm thread, upon me asking the limit, says 50 portal limit is for PUBLIC farms. I Quote in full text "Yeah, no, Frost has nothing to do with that rule. 50 is still the limit for public use. The issue there is simply that public use farms will see much more use and thus load entities more often."

5. I told Vil I was ready to have the warp removed to make it private and have no other player use it. I Quote from my own log "[17:56:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> if you wanna take away from the public farm status remove the warp and i will have no other player
[17:56:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> use the farm"

6. I did argue with Vil but with the points above I think my argument is justified. i made no disrespecting comments or any personal attacks. 

7. Arrei just replied on the gold farm thread "There is no "half public, half private". Public farms may not have more than 50 portals loaded. Private farms do not have a specific limit, but all gold farms are limited by the fact that all pigmen must be within the 32 block activation radius."  My farm, is within 32 block radius, in fact is is about 30 blocks from the center. And every pigmen will move with my minecart system. 

8. I was given 2 choices by Vil who asserts that private farm has the same 50 portal limit (not by Arrei, creator of the gold world thread), cut it to 50 portals or continue arguing. I continued arguing for my right to keep my farm private and have more than 50 portals. Then I was banned, for disrespect...., for not arguing against any rule, nor disrespecting Vil.  

Why do you want to come back: I love the community, and I am just trying to create another public resource farm with good efficiency. I know I do have a history of arguing with staff, but most of the time it is based on non-rules such as hopper changes. I do follow the rules, as what It is Written in tutorial or on threads. Upon seeing the 50 portal rule for public farms I asked arrei on the gold farm thread, and after that I was ready to have the farm revert to private. This Time I am arguing for a rule not written, only created by word of mouth. Furthermore I do not intend on disrespecting staff, I am simply arguing and made no attempts to disrespect Vil, if arguing is ever disrespect at all. 

I have updated the appeal with quotes for more support and context.

so lets go through some things here jelly. first let it be known that when people start coming to staff about your constant crappy attitude and arguments there seems to be a problem here. im not 100% sure as to what happened to you but quite a few people have noticed something that has changed, and this leads into the constant arguments that you have with staff. now the disrespect ban is coming from the constant bickering and arguing that you have been up to lately, as i and others are honestly tired of dealing with it. do we understand that some of your farms get griefed, yes we do, but that comes with public farms that you make. we will gladly fix what ever has been done for you, yet at times when its just a few blocks, what would be considered a warning, here you are demanding that they be banned from the server. you hold no clout as a staff member and thus you have no power over who gets banned and for what. as for the day of the ban lets go over some events that came along.

[14:20:06] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] PBchaser >> jellie, how big is the gold farm you built?
[14:20:15] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> 112 portals of 23x23
[14:20:23] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] Kiro >> the limit for public farms is 50 portals
[14:20:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> is it 50?
[14:20:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> there is no limit here
[14:20:59] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] Kiro >> ik i talked to vil about it
[14:21:00] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> no rules saying 50
[14:21:11] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> well there is no written ones,
[14:21:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> exactly
[14:21:45] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> i see no 50 portal rules at all
[14:21:59] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] Kiro >> it might be in the tutorial but ik its there for public farms
[14:22:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> if vil says it i don't care, cause no one knows about it, and not written
[14:22:49] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> it's the same as saying kiro you gotta move that gold farm cause i told frost i own that plot lol
[14:22:58] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] Kiro >> its in the tutorial
[14:23:10] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] Kiro >> "If for public use, limit your farm to 50 portals maximum"
[14:23:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> so no one wants to afk at jellygold?
[14:24:30] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Member] Pug >> jellie i would but it's to laggy for me
[14:27:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> kiro
[14:27:10] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] Kiro >> hm?
[14:27:13] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> no info on restrictions of farm portal count
[14:27:20] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] Kiro >> Its in the tutorial, i quoted it.
[14:27:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> that is arrei's gold farm world thread
[14:27:44] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] Kiro >> The goldfarm thread does not address public farms.
[14:28:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> so kiro where in the tutorial shows this
[14:28:35] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] Kiro >> the last stage
[14:28:41] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] Kiro >> the one in the cave
[14:28:44] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> i am pretty sure they did not update the tutorial when they added the gold farm world
[14:28:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] Obby >> Its a rule Jellie
[14:28:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] Kiro >> I'm pretty sure the tutorial is the rules.
[14:29:02] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] Obby >> 50 is the limit and it is in the tutorial
[14:29:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> i will have arrei figure it out
[14:29:09] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] Kiro >> So either disable portals, or make it a private farm
[14:29:19] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> lol then what is the difference?
[14:29:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] Obby >> Arrei will tell you the same
[14:29:35] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] Obby >> If it's over 50 then you need to remove the warp
[14:29:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> i will wait till arrei responds
[14:29:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> what if i t ppl in to use it?
[14:29:57] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> and say it is a private farm with friends
[14:29:59] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] Obby >> then it's still public
[14:30:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] Obby >> if there is a warp
[14:30:18] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> ok so remove the warp and tpp ppl in to afk, got it
[14:30:27] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] Obby >> not really
[14:30:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Member] Pug >> jellie just have 49 :>)
[14:30:35] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> no
[14:30:41] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> i will not have any less rates
[14:35:44] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> well then remove the warp and give me 400
[14:36:44] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> i see no difference in a public farm or private if i afk all day or all night.
[14:38:03] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> well you see, my farm in half is about 50 portals,
[14:38:23] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> so if i do a public farm with the first layer, and provate for the second layer, it'll do
[14:38:33] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] Kiro >> but it still creats lag.
[14:38:56] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> kiro i told you, if i afk all day all night it is the same as if i make it public, it's just pl afk
[14:38:58] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> for me
[14:39:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> so what's the difference
[14:49:45] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> hi wanna use the farm before staff gets beaurocratic on it?
[14:49:55] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] KatNip >> I'd like to look at it u.u
[14:50:49] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] KatNip >> you're over the portal limit by 6 jelly.
this is about when i log in.
[14:52:14] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] KatNip >> Jelly, can you please remove 6 portals from this.
[14:52:19] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> why
[14:52:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> the portal count is 112
[14:53:27] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> kat, there's 2 side by side, so 112 portals
[14:53:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] KatNip >> because like I'm lagging to hard
[14:53:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> unless you allow me to have my farm on top and public on on the bottom
[14:53:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] KatNip >> too*
[14:53:56] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] KatNip >> you're going to have to lower it down to 50.

now this was all before i logged on, where you were told the public farm limit was 50 portals, yet you wanted to argue the fact and claim you knew nothing of this. you have been on this server long enough to know what the portal limit would be for public farms as the rule was there some 2 years ago as well and has not changed. not only that you wanted to change it to a private farm at which point you would allow your "friends" to tp over and set a home there so they could use it, trying to loop hole the system that we have in place. your other request of allowing both the public and the private will still keep all 112 portals in use regardless if you have someone at your "public" farm. at this point

[14:54:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Admin] Viloceraptor >> 50 portals only
[14:54:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] KatNip >> otherwise thats breaking the rules
[14:54:09] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Admin] Viloceraptor >> you have no room to make demands
[14:54:13] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> so remove the warp vil and pay me 400
[14:54:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> i will have it private
[14:54:32] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Admin] Viloceraptor >> I don't care what you have it as.
[14:54:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Admin] Viloceraptor >> 50 portals only
[14:54:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> there is no limit in the rules or tutorial for private farms vil
[14:54:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Admin] Viloceraptor >> it's it the damn tutorial
[14:54:53] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> it says public
[14:54:56] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Admin] Viloceraptor >> maybe you should take it again
[14:54:56] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Enforcer] KatNip >> once you buy a warp it doesn't get removed,
[14:55:09] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> i did take it 10 mins ago vil, it says public farms
[14:55:45] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Admin] Viloceraptor >> we will not allow 112 portals even for private
[14:55:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> i saw it clear as day, so i am ready to make it a priovate farm
[14:55:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Admin] Viloceraptor >> so here is your option
[14:55:59] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Admin] Viloceraptor >> make it 50
[14:56:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Admin] Viloceraptor >> or continue to argue
[14:56:10] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> vil, i follow rules, there is no limit for private farm at all.
[14:56:32] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> if you wanna take away froim the ublic farm status remove the warp and i will have no other player
[14:56:35] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> use the farm
[14:56:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> that is as far as the tutorial rules go
[14:57:06] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Jellie >> and i checked the gold farm world thread there is no restrictions

i can only go by the information that i have at hand for things, we have always enforced a 50 portal limit, and i was not aware of arrei's response or even your question at the time. mostly because you just insisted on arguing about it rather than tell me you made the questions on the forums. now had that been the case you may not have been banned in the first place. as it is now we are working on getting a better understood rule in place for something like this. in all honesty i have grown quite tired of the constant bickering and arguing that you bring. now i will say this, if you decide to keep it private that is fine with the new information that has come along but i will say this private is for your use only. now i want you to know that this ban has more to to with all your constant arguments with staff than it does with any gold farm, if we can get past the arguing with all staff, i would be inclined to unban you.
[Image: rIcAAht.png?1]

I promise to make the gold farm completely private as said before the ban. Remove the warp and I will report anyone trying to use it. I have forgotten the 50 portal public farm limit because I have never built a portal farm since I joined till now, nether top was my sole choice. If I ever make a public one 50 portals it is. 

I believe I had run out of patience for any griefers for my farms are griefed much more often than before the reset. I shall make no more demands on the treatment of said griefers.

As for the bickering, yes, something has changed, perhaps my patience. The game mechanics play a bigger part in my time on minecraft than most players, and I have been hit quite hard with the past config changes since I push my builds to their limits. I admit I am quite opinionated and have an attitude towards sudden unknown changes. The staffs are making every effort to improve the server, but most of the time it is unknown to me, thus the strong reactions. Since it is brought up I will simply ask questions instead of going warrior immediately, and argue with the staff no more.

Alright. I will hold you to your word here. You have been unbanned. Welcome back to HomeTown.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
[Image: rIcAAht.png?1]