Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banned for "using xray"
Ban Appeal;

Server: Hometown

Username: Benbobsm

Ban Reason: Suspected  Xray use

Who: Shisuan

Unban reason?: New starter only mining for resources to build house. used the technique i've used for years, and openly admit to abusing chunk glitches (Rarely happens but i saw some diamonds when it did) been looing for a serevr like this to play on and finally found one that's good. no lag on the server what so ever just on my end since sky are relaying the fibre cables so my speeds are shockingly bad. 
I believe everyone should be given a second chance and to say i was banned without warning nor being confronted so i can explain what im doing i think personally i should be given a chance, im not an abusive player, im not one to ignore rules, ive also never used an xray pack in my life. 

Why come back: i have been looking for a server like this for a long time, minecarft died on its arse a while ago and so did all the server's i played on, every other server i found is basically pay to get a promo, this one is vote to get a promo which i think is great. im not being held back a rank because i refuse to spend money on a server, most are laggy and bad anyway. like i said this server has no lag, has a good community, and has good fair rules. its taken too long to find this sever and i would like to play it again. since the server is good also may consider buying VIP. (do not look at that as a bribe)  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to start this thread off by saying this is bull. i have been banned for supposedly using "xray" 

I have been playing minecraft for years, since i was 10 to be exact, i am now 18. I'm a new player to the server and i have had a really successful mining session recently obviously after playing for so long you learn how and where ores spawn and develop a technique for mining, i personally branch and then go off randomly (its usually works well for me) the ore count on this server is really high as i've gotten so many ore's from an hour of mining.

Anyway besides that, im not happy that i wasnt confronted about the "suspicion" of using an "Xray", i feel if you're going to ban someone actually ask them for a valid reason to what you suspect. Dont assume people are using Xray right off the bat!

Also it would be highly illogical for me to use an Xray, when i found a server i like, the rules are good and the people seem decent. if i was here to just Xray and basically boost i wouldn't be voting and setting out and place to build a house. id simply be mining and killing anyone i saw. 

I will provide print screens of my downloads folder and texture pack folder if necessary. i will also join the discord server to speak to an admin/ owner to get this sorted so i can get back to playing again. and get my cousin on with me. 

regards Ben.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ok, first of all: sending pictures doesn't show anything cause you could have uinstalled it, have several computers etc.

So back to your appeal. I found your mine and starting investigating it, then waited for a second opinion and see my luck when xrayfinder #1 showed up to take a look. He then confirmed my findings as xray wich isnt that hard to find to be honest. I will post some screenshots taken at the bottom of this denial. It cleary show you going from one diamond pocket to another.

[Image: TjwcAqN.png]

[Image: og3Ro8D.png]

[Image: TjwcAqN.png]

[Image: qT6wxvE.png]

And again. Denied

Just some constructive input:

https://www.hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3

Use the correct format, Ben, or your appeal's automatically denied, too.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

Okay, These images clearly show a mine from one pocket to another... granted could look like Xray.

its not, and i can tell you exactly how this came about. i was mining generally and found some diamonds as i was mining them i got a chunk glitch and saw the others behind, obviously you're going to mine towards it if you know where it is so i did, this explains the line from one to the other. Also your print screen's "clearly" show diamonds still in the designated area of which i "mined to", if i had mined to them using an xray d you not think i would have taken them?
These mines do NOT provide sufficient evidence of the following accusations. I do NOT use Xray packs and or mods. all my mining is legit and goes off of chunk knowledge, there are diamonds in every chunk and has been for years, as a general rule they're straight on from each other (in most cases). pres f3 and it gives you all the details you need to find diamonds easy.

But to argue my point further, there times i mined in a staight line and hit iron pocket after iron pocket, why is this any different to diamonds, its all by a flook chance, and honestly it doesn't happen often.

regarding you statement about the images i provided. yes i could have deleted it but do you not think if i could be bothered to add an Xray pack id have a texture pack there too? notice i use default because i really cannot be bothered to add packs to the game (plus default gives a little nostalgia). in another point why would i have a an xray pack on one pc, boot up another pc that pay have minecarft on to then take a print screen and post it as an image in the thread ? i wouldn't its pointless not to mention the fact that i only have one pc with minecraft on since my server died today. hence finding this server.

like i said, give me the discord address and ill speak to an admin/mod/owner personally.

(09-26-2016, 11:27 PM)benbobsm Wrote: Okay, These images clearly show a mine from one pocket to another... granted could look like Xray.

its not, and i can tell you exactly how this came about. i was mining generally and found some diamonds as i was mining them i got a chunk glitch and saw the others behind, obviously you're going to mine towards it if you know where it is so i did, this explains the line from one to the other. Also your print screen's "clearly" show diamonds still in the designated area of which i "mined to", if i had mined to them using an xray d you not think i would have taken them?
These mines do NOT provide sufficient evidence of the following accusations. I do NOT use Xray packs and or  mods. all my mining is legit and goes off of chunk knowledge, there are diamonds in every chunk and has been for years, as a general rule they're straight on from each other (in most cases). pres f3 and it gives you all the details you need to find diamonds easy.

But to argue my point further, there times i mined in a staight line and hit iron pocket after iron pocket, why is this any different to diamonds, its all by a flook chance, and honestly it doesn't happen often.

regarding you statement about the images i provided. yes i could have deleted it but do you not think if i could be bothered to add an Xray pack id have a texture pack there too? notice i use default because i really cannot be bothered to add packs to the game (plus default gives a little nostalgia). in another point why would i have a an xray pack on one pc, boot up another pc that pay have minecarft on to then take a print screen and post it as an image in the thread ? i wouldn't its pointless not to mention the fact that i only have one pc with minecraft on since my server died today. hence finding this server.

like i said, give me the discord address and ill speak to an admin/mod/owner personally.

So is your mining pattern based on chunk knowledge or this mining pattern based on a chunk glitch; you're giving us two different stories.

HomeTown Rulebook

Its not two different stories at all, mining buy chunk knowledge and getting a chunk glitch's are basically the same.

Let me simplify this for you, Mining by chunk knowledge as a general technique/ take to mining for resource successfully. this however does not dictate a glitch from happening, it's a way of mining. The glitch is called a glitch for a reason its not a legitimate way to mine and happens on an off chance.

I was mining using chunk knowledge when i started and successfully found a pocket, while mining said pocket i had a chunk glitch and saw another pocket of which i made my way to after.

This doesn't answer my question you so clearly missed in the previous reply. i found pocket after pocket of other ores too, why are these not the same protocol as diamonds? im using the same technique for these too !

Also Grimm_wolfe. i have set out my OP properly now. my mistake i didn't see there were a proper format/ construction this had to be done in.

(09-26-2016, 10:25 PM)benbobsm Wrote: Unban reason?: New starter only mining for resources to build house. used the technique i've used for years, and openly admit to abusing chunk glitches (Rarely happens but i saw some diamonds when it did) been looing for a serevr like this to play on and finally found one that's good. no lag on the server what so ever just on my end since sky are relaying the fibre cables so my speeds are shockingly bad. 
I believe everyone should be given a second chance and to say i was banned without warning nor being confronted so i can explain what im doing i think personally i should be given a chance, im not an abusive player, im not one to ignore rules, ive also never used an xray pack in my life. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to start this thread off by saying this is bull. i have been banned for supposedly using "xray" 

I have been playing minecraft for years, since i was 10 to be exact, i am now 18. I'm a new player to the server and i have had a really successful mining session recently obviously after playing for so long you learn how and where ores spawn and develop a technique for mining, i personally branch and then go off randomly (its usually works well for me) the ore count on this server is really high as i've gotten so many ore's from an hour of mining.

Anyway besides that, im not happy that i wasnt confronted about the "suspicion" of using an "Xray", i feel if you're going to ban someone actually ask them for a valid reason to what you suspect. Dont assume people are using Xray right off the bat!

Also it would be highly illogical for me to use an Xray, when i found a server i like, the rules are good and the people seem decent. if i was here to just Xray and basically boost i wouldn't be voting and setting out and place to build a house. id simply be mining and killing anyone i saw. 

I will provide print screens of my downloads folder and texture pack folder if necessary. i will also join the discord server to speak to an admin/ owner to get this sorted so i can get back to playing again. and get my cousin on with me. 

regards Ben.

(09-26-2016, 11:27 PM)benbobsm Wrote: Okay, These images clearly show a mine from one pocket to another... granted could look like Xray.

These mines do NOT provide sufficient evidence of the following accusations. I do NOT use Xray packs and or  mods. all my mining is legit and goes off of chunk knowledge, there are diamonds in every chunk and has been for years, as a general rule they're straight on from each other (in most cases). pres f3 and it gives you all the details you need to find diamonds easy.

(09-26-2016, 11:53 PM)benbobsm Wrote: Its not two different stories at all, mining buy chunk knowledge and getting a chunk glitch's are basically the same.

Let me simplify this for you, Mining by chunk knowledge as a general technique/ take to mining for resource successfully. this however does not dictate a glitch from happening, it's a way of mining. The glitch is called a glitch for a reason its not a legitimate way to mine and happens on an off chance.

I was mining using chunk knowledge when i started and successfully found a pocket, while mining said pocket i had a chunk glitch and saw another pocket of which i made my way to after.

This doesn't answer my question you so clearly missed in the previous reply. i found pocket after pocket of other ores too, why are these not the same protocol as diamonds? im using the same technique for these too !

First: The diamonds in Shis' screenshots are diamonds you broke and we rolled back; you did take them.  These are just a small portion of the other veins we accusing you of x-raying, too.

Second: 
If your technique reliably gets you ores as you say, then you would have no need for chance chunk glitches to find diamonds one after the other since you claim to know how and where to look for them.  If you're mining diamonds based on chance, then you have no reliable method.  If chance glitches are a part of your method, then it's not as reliable as you say.  Which is it?

Third:  Now you're claiming to use glitches and your technique in conjunction with one another?  Would that mean they're different?  You said they were basically the same initially.  I could say–for an analogous example–cocaine and caffeine are basically the same because they're stimulants, but that does not mean the are the same.  Same applies to what you said.  Having a technique based on "chunk knowledge"–as you put it–would mean you have an idea of where to look (general area), using glitches would mean you know exactly where to look (precise area).  So are these methods the same or are they different?  You seem to contradict yourself a lot.

Finally, are you familiar with Occam's razor?  Which sounds more feasible?  Numerous chunk glitches and a sophisticated mining technique mastered over 8 years of playing Minecraft netting a player a haul of diamonds within 38min, or an x-rayer spinning stories?

Oh, also, I'm the [Admin] who double-checked Shis' claim that you x-rayed (xrayerfinder#1, in Shis' words) and I agree with him.  You were already denied by Shis, I'm just making you write more to be an ass.

Have a nice day!~

HomeTown Rulebook