• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
defacing of map
this is just a thought..

for those few that actually play the game to create nice places or large builds  that are very time consuming it would be nice to know that someone cant just trash the area because they are board.  i know there is a 100 block limit but there is no reason to deface an area of the map with no plans to build. if an area has been defaced another player can be banned for cleaning it up and to me this makes no sense

i hope admin and mods can come up with a solution to this because what sense does it make to ban a player that tries to improve the map by fixing something what a player with no respect for the map or other players  has done because they can.

thanks for reading

DARK_ARCHER_

Wait, do you mean noob shacks or something like deforesting?
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

i came across a place today where someone had just dumped water all over an island hill that created an eye sore . granted it was more than 100 blocks away from me but if i was to expand my build it would be in the way . i asked about it and because it was not created by me i could get banned for removing it.... the issue was resolved in a good way but there is no reason a player should be banned for removing such a thing .. the player said he did it because he was board but the end result was i could have been banned because i wanted to clean the mess he made up.

there should be some sort of requirement for something to be called a build not a random dumping of water , lava or blocks . if not someone could run around and create trash builds just outside of everyone's places and trash the map up

The problem I see with this is that what is considered "defacing the map" is very subjective imo.

A water covered island could be part of a mob spawner, getting rid of spawnable spaces using water to save time hunting down spawnable spots (if you dont have NEI) finding all the spawnable spaces can take some time with torches.
Sorry about that whole “shooting you” thing, but I know if you look deep into your heart, which is currently all over that tree, you’ll find a way to forgive me.

[Image: GU8OFOr.png]

(10-04-2016, 12:55 AM)Wrexial33 Wrote: A water covered island could be part of a mob spawner, getting rid of spawnable spaces using water to save time hunting down spawnable spots (if you dont have NEI) finding all the spawnable spaces can take some time with torches.

please reread my post it was done because he was bored ...

(10-05-2016, 05:47 AM)Dark_Archer_ Wrote:
(10-04-2016, 12:55 AM)Wrexial33 Wrote: A water covered island could be part of a mob spawner, getting rid of spawnable spaces using water to save time hunting down spawnable spots (if you dont have NEI) finding all the spawnable spaces can take some time with torches.

please reread my post it was done because he was bored ...

Doesn't matter, it could've been for a mob spawner, meaning that removing it could've damaged someone's serious functional build. Because it wasn't for that in this situation doesn't mean it couldn't be in others. The intent of a build can not be determined just by looking at it, and if the owner of the "eye-sore" can be reached to determine the intent, it defeats the purpose of the clean-up griefing proposal, as asking the owner about it is how the system works currently.
Sorry about that whole “shooting you” thing, but I know if you look deep into your heart, which is currently all over that tree, you’ll find a way to forgive me.

[Image: GU8OFOr.png]