• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pls unban me
I was banned for "team griefing" but all I did was take some blocks from an old home out in the middle of nowhere. 

I want to join back because me and my friend were having a great time on the server, everyone is cool and I like the server in general and how the rules are somewhat chill at least.

The proper format for a ban appeal is discussed here: https://www.hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3

Note that the server world was reset less than 2 months ago -- there are no old homes around.

I am in the middle of tracing down all the damage that EpicRobo and you have done. It is more than one "old" home.

We have logs of every block you place or break, crop you take/replant, container transactions, etc. I have rolled back over 500 blocks for the 2 of you in multiple locations so far.

Reply to this thread with a new appeal in the correct format. Your first attempt above is denied.
/Rowebot

Sad so I can't get back on the server? I promise I wont break anymore blocks that arn't mine and promise I will replant.  If i was just there to grief then I wouldn't have come on the forums to make an account and ask for the appeal.  I would just find another server if it was my goal.  I will let him know what u told me and tell him not to break any blocks that arnt his too.

Server you were banned on (SMP): Hometown.mc

Minecraft name: briggsW

Reason for your ban: Team griefing

Who banned you: rowebot

Why should you be unbanned: I wont do it again and I will replant peoples crops and not break into homes.

Why do you want to come back: I had a lot of fun on it and just started building our own area in the world and are having fun doing it together, Also I wouldn't be putting in all the effort if I just wanted to get on and grief again.

Briggs, you posted after I left for the evening.

We ask in your ban appeal that you do the following:

"2. Use effort: Moderators want to unban you, but not unless you actually put some effort into trying to get unbanned. Write a detailed appeal explaining what you did wrong, why it was wrong, and what you should've done instead. Make us want to unban you. One or two sentences makes us want to deny your appeal."

You gave me this:

"Why should you be unbanned: I wont do it again and I will replant peoples crops and not break into homes."

You and EpicRobo clearly do not understand our rules and why we have them in place.  Your trail of bad deeds looks like 2 boys goofing around and you, at least, were replanting after both of you harvested crops.  Your replanting is the only reason I am listening to your appeal.

BUT, if it is not your crops and clearly marked as a public farm in multiple ways, DO NOT harvest.  Some griefers put up 1 or 2 signs saying grief/free/take on other people's farms -- they get perma-banned when we catch them -- if the sign does not look right, don't grief/take.  Taking crops and replanting is NOT ok -- don't take the crops.

DO NOT touch any buildings or other player built structures and DO NOT BUILD/HARVEST/KILL/TAKE/MINE WITHIN 100 blocks of other player's buildings and structures without permission.  Contact staff if you accidentally break the 100 block rule -- we can sort things out.

Note that golden shovel claiming is additional protection -- the 100 block rule is the main claim mechanism on HometownMC.

To help your memory, here is a partial list of what I found:

Taking torches lighting up the roadway -- grief.
Taking redstone lamps from a bridge and leaving granite in its place -- grief
Breaking through the side of a wooden house, taking crops, taking an enchanting table -- grief
Breaking through the side of a prismarine house to look inside then putting the walls back -- grief
Taking 1 nether wart from inside a house -- theft
Breaking through the cobblestone of the walls of a compound with a house above -- grief
Taking brown mushrooms from that house -- theft

WHAT I WANT YOU TO DO IN A NEW REPLY:  I marked the 1 word description of what was wrong above, tell me in more words what was wrong with the following and what you should have done instead:

1) damaging roads, bridges, buildings and other built structures
2) taking peoples' mature crops
3) breaking and entering locked homes/compounds through the walls
4) taking rare crops, blocks or crafted items on a *survival* server

Think of what you would feel, if you built up a nice setup over many days of play, and the 4 things above happen to you.
/Rowebot