Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pls unban me\
Server you were banned on (SMP): HomeTownMCSMP

Minecraft name:  Puppyface10
Reason for your ban: Saying offensive words and grief
Who banned you: Kat

Why should you be unbanned: I didn't grief and i didn't mean to say the offensive word. i didn't know it was against the rules. 

Why do you want to come back: Because this is a really fun server and i don't wanna be banned.its fun to play on.

I'd like to make this clear. In the rules it states not to use racist comments. In addition to that, after consulting with other staff members, we've decided not to give you the chance to appeal. This is down to the fact we do not allow the offensive terms you have used, we do not tolerate behavior like that. Find a new server.
[Image: V9VC9zz.png]
- KatNip

[quote pid='13249' dateline='1475182326']
well i guess i don't get to play on the new server. got any other servers like this one?
[/quote]

i mean exactly like this one?

and the people who cuss don't get banned

They get a chance to appeal but i don't that seems Bias

But i won't disrespect your opinion

why do you even give people the option to get a appeal when you won't accept it? should we even waist our time on this? since you will just say "we won't give you a second chance because you broke the rules" isn't that why we are here?

I guess the rumors that i hear were true. about this server

people said if i join this server and i get banned i won't get a second chance even though they said we would.

looks like HomeTown doesn't like people in their town.

I guess the server lies. we don't get an appeal.

YAY WE GET LIED TOO Big Grin

Well, yeah, you'll get banned if you break our rules. We allow swearing/cussing as long as it doesn't attack anyone. There's a big difference between "fuck" and "fuck you". We have strict rules against slurs; they aren't the same as swears. They're words used that have a malicious connotation, even if the user doesn't intend it to be. It's clearly stated in the tutorial you walked through in the beginning, each sign you passed. If you had forgotten, you could've asked in chat (our community is helpful and rocks), gone back to the tutorial using /warp tutorial, or even just using /rules. The appeal was revolved once Kat asked other staff members for their opinions on what we would have done. When I see someone using a slur, I ban them immediately. The slur you used is against people of a certain sexuality, and we're a welcoming server for everyone.

As for your appeal, we allow staff members to use their discretion on which bans to use. This said, there have been instances where a staff member permanently bans someone, and that player appeals anyways with a well thought, heartfelt response which earns them an unban. Had you made a stellar appeal, or even kept a non-sarcastic tone in your responses to Kat, she might've told you of these circumstances. As for the rumors, dunno what they are, and I don't think we mind. The majority of the time we're pretty cool people (granted I'm clearly biased Wink ) but I'm guessing the places your rumours stem from are from people we've banned who broke our rules and didn't see the nice sides of us.

The server doesn't lie, and the staff don't intend to either. In your case, a decision was changed based on input from staff members with more experience in a situation like this. And now, in your case, your attitude has caused me to respond to your comments. Another outcome that might've happened was a chance to re-write your appeal. Whoops.

Take care, and I hope you find an enjoyable, new server.
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!