• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
connection issues
Hello Hometown,

Ronin220 here, can anyone help me with a connection issue I'm having?

the minecraft launcher loads when I click the multiplayer tab to select a server it tells me I "cant connect to server" for all servers on my list.
I'm able to browse websites play other games its just minecraft I cant connect to any server.
I have made sure the firewall settings are correct, uninstalled/reinstalled minecraft, my java is updated I even had a technician from my IP take control of my computer and he was unable to figure out why I cant connect.
please understand I have done many things to correct this issue and have failed so now I'm calling on all my friends and family of hometown to help reunite me back to hometown server.

Ronin220

Are you playing offline in minecraft? I know this is a simple thing but it can be causing this problem.
Have a great day!  Angel

(10-02-2016, 09:04 PM)Donkey Wrote: Are you playing offline in minecraft? I know this is a simple thing but it can be causing this problem.

I'm not quit sure what you mean here, as I posted i click multiplayer and wait for the servers to ping on the server selection screen and that is when I get the messages cant connect to server. I do have internet connection and able to play other games and browse forums.

Donkey means if it said ready to play minecraft offline minecraft in the launcher

(10-03-2016, 06:58 AM)Hunto10 Wrote: Donkey means if it said ready to play minecraft offline minecraft in the launcher

I do wait till it says "play" in the tab but to be honest that don't matter cause you choose the tab that says single player for offline or multiplayer for online servers like I said before all other options work it just wont let me connect to any servers

No there is an option on the launcher that says play offline. Pay attention for what you are looking for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
[Image: rIcAAht.png?1]

Can you join the servers, I'm sort of having a problem where in the multiplayer screen it also says cannot connect to server (not all the time though) but I can still join servers fine. I dont worry about it because it doesn't affect me too badly and i can still join (even though it says cannot connect to server)

(10-03-2016, 11:43 AM)quek98 Wrote: Can you join the servers, I'm sort of having a problem where in the multiplayer screen it also says cannot connect to server (not all the time though) but I can still join servers fine.  I dont worry about it because it doesn't affect me too badly and i can still join (even though it says cannot connect to server)

yes I have tried to connect even though it says cant connect to server still get a cant connect to server message.

(10-03-2016, 08:35 AM)vilneas Wrote: No there is an option on the launcher that says play offline. Pay attention for what you are looking for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

yes Vil, I do pay attention like i have said above, I wait till it says play and yes under my name it says ready to play minecraft 1.10.2 before I try going to the server selection page. it is here that I get the message "cant connect to server" after the page pings for connection.
like I said I had no issues getting in game and playing till I logged out on the 28th at 4am my time when I tried to log back in at 8pm it tells me cant connect to server. I have tried everything I seen on goggle for this problem and mojang says they cant help cause they don't have a technical department

Did you uninstall and reinstall?

reset pc?

power down pc? (different options)

Open another game, and try to connect to any server there?

check your router to see if it is working?

disconnect internet, reconnect?

(basic things idek xD)
[Image: 74c08bcaae41e60c2ebf1b451a94a3d5.jpg]

(10-04-2016, 09:54 PM)TheCrookedDoctor Wrote: Did you uninstall and reinstall?

reset pc?

power down pc? (different options)

Open another game, and try to connect to any server there?

check your router to see if it is working?

disconnect internet, reconnect?

(basic things idek xD)

the answer to all your questions are yes .... I can play other games on my computer I can browse the net and forums I just cant connect to any minecraft server