• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple survival worlds
IMO the plot ideas and the reset ideas are a bit hardcore to me. Hometown is very faithful to vanilla and having a strict plot world would kinda break the feel of it. A world reset would just piss a lot of people off and lose players.

I'd rather just have another world, all of the positives with (presumably) none of the negatives.

As ethan said, a whole reset will piss of alot of people and not give any good/fun things to do , where as maybe having a side world that you can build stuff like towns or things would be good, also like Rowe said to have it like creative, You can only get their after a certain rank.. So people might want to stay and work for something for once and if they reach that rank they will probably be responsible enough to be civilized in the build/town world!

I don't feel too strongly about doing any of this, but if the majority want to make this happen. I think it would be kinda nice.
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

What if we already have towns and don't want to start again? Our town - mine and Stark's - is quite large. How would we replicate this in the proposed world if the terrain was different? would we have to restart just to move away from some of the bad huts/shacks near us?

Also, to reply to Peng's idea - what do we do if, as mentioned above, our town relies on the terrain around it?

Thatguy33 and Epic_Legend - A full reset would really piss me off. What happens to all of the effort, time and materials me and lots of other regular, active players have put into their towns? No offense meant, but I must ask... How long have you two been playing? Do you have a town yourselves? I would hate to see our town reset just so that there is a clean world.
The world has moved on, they say...

(01-19-2016, 12:34 AM)Sky Wrote: As ethan said, a whole reset will piss of alot of people and not give any good/fun things to do , where as maybe having a side world that you can build stuff like towns or things would be good, also like Rowe said to have it like creative, You can only get their after a certain rank.. So people might want to stay and work for something for once and if they reach that rank they will probably be responsible enough to be civilized in the build/town world!

I don't feel too strongly about doing any of this, but if the majority want to make this happen. I think it would be kinda nice.

@Dan (I think the multiquote is broken)

Having it be a sideworld would prevent people from losing hundreds of hours of progress and won't piss any people off, and we'll have more land to work with. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Great idea!

How would it work though? I'm regular and I have a home on the current world.

If I wanted to leave the Noobs on the old world, and move to the new one, would I lose everything on the old world and have to start again?

Thanks for helping out my small brain <3

Tongue Tongue Confused Confused
-Chicky

(01-19-2016, 02:39 PM)chickenhead24 Wrote: Great idea!

How would it work though? I'm regular and I have a home on the current world.

If I wanted to leave the Noobs on the old world, and move to the new one, would I lose everything on the old world and have to start again?

It would be a warp to a Members and above only world that you can only warp to if your rank is equal or above Member.

It's a new world - your stuff on the old world will remain the same. Frost could make your inventory transfer over or not to give an impression of a fresh start, though I have no say in if he does that or not if this suggestion is implemented.

@Dan (again, multiquote is broken)

The new side world could just use the same seed as the old one. Same terrain, just possibly with a bigger or smaller world border.

Same seed, gives me an idea.

We could make the new world an exact backup copy of the existing world with all the existing builds. Then allow old builds by players not /seen for 3 months removable after getting an ok on each build to be demolished from a mod+ (maybe on the forums).

Although, it may be difficult or impossible to duplicate the coreprotect logs. Oh and everybody's chest contents are duplicated; unless there is a command to empty all chests. Sigh, may not be easy to do right.

Oh, by the way, an old pre 1.8 seed creates a completely different world under 1.8 since the world generation code changed dramatically -- I lost a handful of nice world seeds I found and reused when playing privately with my son.
/Rowebot

(01-19-2016, 11:32 PM)Rowebot Wrote: Same seed, gives me an idea.

We could make the new world an exact backup copy of the existing world with all the existing builds.  Then allow old builds by players not /seen for 3 months removable after getting an ok on each build to be demolished from a mod+ (maybe on the forums).

Although, it may be difficult or impossible to duplicate the coreprotect logs.  Oh and everybody's chest contents are duplicated; unless there is a command to empty all chests. Sigh, may not be easy to do right.

Oh, by the way, an old pre 1.8 seed creates a completely different world under 1.8 since the world generation code changed dramatically -- I lost a handful of nice world seeds I found and reused when playing privately with my son.
...Which would mean it's not a fresh start, and mods would manually have to remove hundreds if not thousands of builds.

A world reset is inevitable at some point reguarldless if you get pissed about it our not honestly.
[Image: rIcAAht.png?1]

there was a proposed reset last christmas i think...sometime in december or november but it ended up not happening...
Gerbils are cool so is my lizard Fred Cool