• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple survival worlds
I embark on a great journey to find beautiful, unspoilt land.

As I drift through the ocean, I see it - paradise.

Rolling fields of green and lush forests, packs of animals such as cows and horses, and beautiful riverside beaches.

I immediately dismount my boat and take in the beauty and awe, and sort of just wander for a while.

I then see something in the distance  - a half finished wooden monstrosity that has been abandoned for at least a year. I'm talking AWFUL awful, like a pure-wooden-plank ( no actual stair block) staircase leading to nowhere and dirt towers.
My ears are immediately assaulted by a barrage of clucking and mooing from the extremely crowded and extremely small "ranch" (2x3 hole with fences).

I look to my left - beautiful, untouched land. I look to my right - dear god my eyes!

The world is pretty crowded at the moment, and a wipe would just piss people off (including me).

So I thought, why not just add another world? One for regulars and above, perhaps?

More often than not, the people who travel to the middle of nowhere, make a half finished derp shack, and call it quits are normally guests or rookies. Those who stick with the server are eventually promoted to Member.

This would reduce world clutter and maybe even make griefing harder on those worlds.

Maybe just ask staff to remove the house. I think this was in place once but I an not sure anymore. Maybe this should be put back in place
Thanks for reading my post :3

- Became Trusted rank in April 2015

(01-14-2016, 02:54 PM)JoBot2014 Wrote: Maybe just ask staff to remove the house. I think this was in place once but I an not sure anymore. Maybe this should be put back in place

But it wouldn't be very nice if somebody logged back in and found that their house was removed because it didn't look good enough, now would it?

Another world would allow for a clean slate without destroying peoples properties. Ugly or not, somebody still put at least some degree of effort into it.

The last time the server reset was before the first time I joined (long time ago like April 2014) ink the exact date of restart the new world sounds cool but idk how lag wise the server would respond to that
Gerbils are cool so is my lizard Fred Cool

We already have a resource world

Also what I meant before is that we should remove houses where the people have not been logged on in two months because it is very unlikely that they will come back.
Thanks for reading my post :3

- Became Trusted rank in April 2015

(01-15-2016, 02:54 PM)JoBot2014 Wrote: We already have a resource world

Also what I meant before is that we should remove houses where the people have not been logged on in two months because it is very unlikely that they will come back.
I was away for two months or more before I came back this January. Does that mean you should remove my town that I spent over 7 months on?

The resource world is for resources; it is reset often and there's no real point in actually building there.

A separate world would add incentive for rank progression and it would allow a clean slate without the repercussions that normally come with it.

If a separate world does not induce lag on the existing world, then I like the thought of rank progression giving one access to it. Maybe we also have build transfers to suck game money out of the economy. Then over time we reach a point where we can switch main worlds -- a gentler world reset.
/Rowebot

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ yes so much
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

Or instead of reset, we maintain a 2 tier set of worlds where good behavior and building a money pot (voting) on the commercial world gets you access to a much *smaller* trusted town-builder world. This would allow much stricter environmental laws on the town-builder world to avoid ugly strip mining and ugly builds (well that excludes most of my builds, lol ). This would be a small easily explored "build-exhibition" world where players bring materials in from the commercial and resource worlds to craft the best city, town and country homes.

Maybe use world guard to divide the town-builder world into healthy size "country estate"/"town" plots separated by guarded greenbelts plus have a city where players have a small plot to create a "city" house and can buy stalls in the central market area. Gives players the choice of creating a town or a nice country estate from their plot. World guard allows the beginner players to visit without being able to grief. Rank would give you a free city home, money would let you buy plots of different sizes outside the city.

Town-builder world could be adjusted with MCEdit to have NO ores to mine and we insist all farming, mining and tree plantations be done on the commercial world. Maybe block all mobs except pets -- makes a 'horse' pet very valuable if you don't have fly. This world is much like creative BUT you have to acquire the building blocks from the commercial and resource worlds. Then as MC adds more minerals and animals in new versions, we simply update the world to allow new minerals to be brought in.

If multiple smaller worlds work, then maybe create specific mob XP farm worlds that work well and tune the other worlds to ban or greatly reduce lag inducing XP farms. Keep at least one good type of XP farm on the commercial world.

Then we end up with a frequently reset resource world, a rarely reset end & nether, a never reset commercial world (today's 40000x40000 world), and a never reset city/main-market/town/estate builder world (much smaller) plus possible specialty XP farming worlds.
/Rowebot

(01-15-2016, 11:31 PM)Rowebot Wrote: Or instead of reset, we maintain a 2 tier set of worlds where good behavior and building a money pot (voting) on the commercial world gets you access to a much *smaller* trusted town-builder world. This would allow much stricter environmental laws on the town-builder world to avoid ugly strip mining and ugly builds (well that excludes most of my builds, lol ). This would be a small easily explored "build-exhibition" world where players bring materials in from the commercial and resource worlds to craft the best city, town and country homes.

Maybe use world guard to divide the town-builder world into healthy size "country estate"/"town" plots separated by guarded greenbelts plus have a city where players have a small plot to create a "city" house and can buy stalls in the central market area. Gives players the choice of creating a town or a nice country estate from their plot. World guard allows the beginner players to visit without being able to grief. Rank would give you a free city home, money would let you buy plots of different sizes outside the city.

Town-builder world could be adjusted with MCEdit to have NO ores to mine and we insist all farming, mining and tree plantations be done on the commercial world. Maybe block all mobs except pets -- makes a 'horse' pet very valuable if you don't have fly. This world is much like creative BUT you have to acquire the building blocks from the commercial and resource worlds. Then as MC adds more minerals and animals in new versions, we simply update the world to allow new minerals to be brought in.

If multiple smaller worlds work, then maybe create specific mob XP farm worlds that work well and tune the other worlds to ban or greatly reduce lag inducing XP farms. Keep at least one good type of XP farm on the commercial world.

Then we end up with a frequently reset resource world, a rarely reset end & nether, a never reset commercial world (today's 40000x40000 world), and a never reset city/main-market/town/estate builder world (much smaller) plus possible specialty XP farming worlds.
I like this idea how big would be the town world?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
[Image: latest?cb=20140209085003]