• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To YuriDeRidder_
How about you say this to me in a public place.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2016_10_23_at_11_06_04_PM.png]
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

I agree, you shouldn't have the right to ban people(sarcasm).
[Image: latest?cb=20140209085003]

Since you so kindly pointed out I copy-pasted those responses; yes, I did. I got off a 10hr shift at work and it was 3AM. I was tired and they really didn't deserve a better response.

Also, are you a staff-member? Do you decide what's appropriate in a response to an appeal? When was this power given to you? I must've missed the memo.

HomeTown Rulebook

what's the link between copy-pasted answer and the fact that Grimm is relevant to be staff or not in the first place? (by the way, I think Grimm is doing a great job, being staff is not an easy task to begin with, let's not make it more difficult by being haters)

You are saying you are tired of all the same responses that people in their ban appeals, and you are saying the same thing over and over in the responses to their appeals so that's hypocrite.

You shouldn't have the right to ban people because you aren't unbanning them because the appeal sounds familiar to other appeals. Thats not a good reason to not unban them

(10-24-2016, 03:44 PM)YuriDeRidder_ Wrote: You are saying you are tired of all the same responses that people in their ban appeals, and you are saying the same thing over and over in the responses to their appeals so that's hypocrite.

You shouldn't have the right to ban people because you aren't unbanning them because the appeal sounds familiar to other appeals. Thats not a good reason to not unban them

Are you a staff-member?  You never answered that question.  Also I didn't unban them because they gave me the same responses.  You would've noticed that if you actually read what I posted, but it's obvious you didn't.

https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1701

"You knew what you were doing was wrong, and you still turned your back on this community and its rules that you agreed to abide by.

No more; I'm done with you lot. Appeal denied; find a new server. Use this as a lesson to follow the rules on the next server you find."

I denied their appeals because everyone here knows cheating is wrong and they took the tutorial quiz which lays out what happens to cheaters, yet they still did it.  I'm also the only staff-member who allowed x-ray ban appeals on my own discretion, which I am now using to deny them.

Again, are you a staff-member?  Thought not.

HomeTown Rulebook

(10-24-2016, 03:44 PM)YuriDeRidder_ Wrote: You are saying you are tired of all the same responses that people in their ban appeals, and you are saying the same thing over and over in the responses to their appeals so that's hypocrite.

Maybe Grimm is responding with the same things because he is always having to deal with X-Rayers. If Grimm wasn't a staff member we most likely would of missed out on multiple X-Ray bans, meaning they would of continued to ruin the server/game for the other players on the server. In addition to that, it may be seen as a hypocrite move, but you don't have to respond to multiple ban appeal all saying the same things. The fact you said its not a good reason to unban them is silly. They broke the rules, meaning they suffer the consequences. In addition to that, saying it was their "favorite server" means nothing, because if it was their favorite server they wouldn't of broke the rules in the first place. 

Something to take away from this is to keep your opinion to your self. I have had times where I disagree with someone else, but I didn't say anything because I know it will cause something like this to happen. 
- KatNip

I said it in his face instead of behind his back like most people do so thats why i said it.

(10-24-2016, 07:36 PM)YuriDeRidder_ Wrote: I said it in his face instead of behind his back like most people do so thats why i said it.

Oh, thank you for that courtesy.  I mean, who doesn't like a half-baked, demeaning opinion of one's character based upon three ban appeal responses out of hundreds made on the old and new forums sent via a private-message?  Such a brave act sending a PM instead of confronting me on a public thread or the server chat.

Would you like a cookie for your public service?
[Image: 150px-Choco_chip_cookie.png]
It will probably help cleanse your palate of the taste of your own foot.

HomeTown Rulebook

[Image: Screen_Shot_2016_10_24_at_11_15_34_AM.png]
[Image: Screen_Shot_2016_10_24_at_11_16_10_AM.png]

(For Oshakai <3)

[Image: .eJwFwcERwiAQAMBeKAA4AgHy9uPXBjJIkDCCF-H...mPTasPj0Vk]