• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im Absolutely Sorry- Dawn's Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP): HometownMC (The Survival Server without the PixelMon)

Minecraft name: DawnDaStormcloak (Formerly Know As tailsthekhajiit)

Reason for your ban: I was caught using x-ray...

Who banned you: Grimm_Wolfe

Why should you be unbanned: To be honest i cant think of a legitimate reason as to why you guys should unban me. But as of now i only have Xerano's Minimap mod. X-ray has been removed. I knew it was wrong to do but i still did it. And I feel real Bad about  doing it. It wont happen again i promise. I have dedicated hours to days worth of time to this server.

Why do you want to come back: Ive spent many hours in this server. I have a VIP 1 rank. Plus i also made many friends i dont wanna lose. I also owe IAMMEATHEAD and Seasoap there sponges. But really i LOVE this server. Im still really upset with my self for being so dumb as to use X-ray. I really am sorry guys >.< 

Here is a screenshot of my mods jar to show i have deleted it.     
Who We Become, And Who We Wanna Be...Are As Different As Night And Day~Mandopony

[Image: 28ce0d25de3c2adc0e2c96ff5978a823.gif]

I relize that the above is probably no adequate enough for the staff to seriously think about appealing my ban for X-ray.
So, Here is more detail on why i think i should be unbanned.

Why Should I be Unbanned: Yes, I will Admit to Using the mod Know as X-Ray and I used it to locate at least 40-ish diamonds. I Honestly was not thinking at the time of the penalties of this offense and thought i was being sneaky and getting away with it. To be honest I'd like to Thank Grimm_Wolfe for putting me in my place and reminding me that no matter how i break the rules, The staff will always find out one way or another. And i feel that i should have been expecting this even though i clearly knew what the rules were hence why you guys make us go through a 3-part tutorial As posted in the attachment the only mod i now have is the Xeranos Minimap mod for 1.8.8 and i was told that was fine. But that isnt what im talking about right now. I fully understand now that this amazing server has a 0 tolerance policy for x-ray and i will never use it again. And im hoping that since this is my first offence that i might be given a second chance to make things right and to enjoy being a member of HomeTown,

Why I want to be unbanned: I want to be unbanned because in the two months i played ln this server i made lots of friends. Its one of the friendliest servers i have come across with a very welcoming community, I still cant believe i would risk all that for a few resources.  I miss my friends on there alot already to be completely honest. And the guilt of what i have done is eating away at me and i feel completely horrid. I dont think i could ever find another server like this one. I sincerely hope that you guys will consider my appeal.

Thank You ~DawnDaStormcloak
Who We Become, And Who We Wanna Be...Are As Different As Night And Day~Mandopony

(01-18-2016, 01:30 AM)DawnDaStormcloak Wrote: i clearly knew what the rules were
(01-18-2016, 01:30 AM)DawnDaStormcloak Wrote: I fully understand now that this amazing server has a 0 tolerance policy for x-ray

How does that make any sense?

Furthermore, if you "clearly" knew the rules but are now trying to appeal your ban saying "now I understand that the server has zero tolerance," then that suggests that the only thing that has changed is now you know that you will be caught and you will be banned. It sounds more like you're just sorry that you got caught to me, and now you're just trying to butter up your appeal by talking about how "amazing" the server is. But, this is Grimm's ban so I'll let him handle it.
[Image: tumblr_nfz4m14xkj1toipevo1_400.gif]

(01-20-2016, 04:14 AM)Saiyaka Wrote:
(01-18-2016, 01:30 AM)DawnDaStormcloak Wrote: i clearly knew what the rules were
(01-18-2016, 01:30 AM)DawnDaStormcloak Wrote: I fully understand now that this amazing server has a 0 tolerance policy for x-ray

How does that make any sense?

Furthermore, if you "clearly" knew the rules but are now trying to appeal your ban saying "now I understand that the server has zero tolerance," then that suggests that the only thing that has changed is now you know that you will be caught and you will be banned. It sounds more like you're just sorry that you got caught to me, and now you're just trying to butter up your appeal by talking about how "amazing" the server is. But, this is Grimm's ban so I'll let him handle it.

I am sorry if it came off as you say it did. But i see what you mean by it seems im only sorry i was caught. Which to be honest, when i was banned that never crossed my mind. I was ashamed of what the friends i made on the server would think of me. The guilt is still eating at me. But i fully understand the points you made and i can see why you would say that it seems i am only sorry i was caught. I hope that Grimm will judge my actions and my appeal as he feels is fit. But, if my ban appeal is to be denied I hope you guys will allow me to be apart of the forum community for hometown.

I now have to to respond to this thread as I've been busy with work and school the past two days.

Apart from what Saiyaka already pointed out, your actual appeal does not meet staff's expectations to reverse this serious of a ban. Your MineCraft account will remain banned. You may still use the forums.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

(01-20-2016, 03:13 PM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote: I now have to to respond to this thread as I've been busy with work and school the past two days.

Apart from what Saiyaka already pointed out, your actual appeal does not meet staff's expectations to reverse this serious of a ban.  Your MineCraft account will remain banned.  You may still use the forums.

In the future, will i be allowed to make another appeal?

(01-20-2016, 06:39 PM)DawnDaStormcloak Wrote: In the future, will i be allowed to make another appeal?

If you'd like, yes.  We allow people to make appeals as long as they do not cause issues on them.  We deny appeals on a handful notions:

Lying - once a discrepancy is found between the offender's story and presentable evidence, we deny the offender's appeal as well as remove the ability to write further appeals. <bannable>

Benchmark - we expect a certain level in the grammatical expression of rule comprehension and introversion, which center around an explanation in how intrinsically wrong an act committed against the server is. <deniable>

Trolling - we don't have time nor tolerance for people who insist on being dicks for the sake of being a dick. <bannable>

Anger issues / Disrespect - people who vent out their frustration with pejoratives and ill-attitudes against the staff-team often get the boot. <bannable>

Formatting issues - people who fail to use the correct ban appeal format. <deniable>

HomeTown Rulebook

(01-21-2016, 08:49 PM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote:
(01-20-2016, 06:39 PM)DawnDaStormcloak Wrote: In the future, will i be allowed to make another appeal?

If you'd like, yes.  We allow people to make appeals as long as they do not cause issues on them.  We deny appeals on a handful notions:

Lying - once a discrepancy is found between the offender's story and presentable evidence, we deny the offender's appeal as well as remove the ability to write further appeals. <bannable>

Benchmark - we expect a certain level in the grammatical expression of rule comprehension and introversion, which center around an explanation in how intrinsically wrong an act committed against the server is. <deniable>

Trolling - we don't have time nor tolerance for people who insist on being dicks for the sake of being a dick. <bannable>

Anger issues / Disrespect - people who vent out their frustration with pejoratives and ill-attitudes against the staff-team often get the boot. <bannable>

Formatting issues - people who fail to use the correct ban appeal format. <deniable>

I was browsing through the forums and the rules and what not and i noticed multiple pictures of the spawn area x-ray area. It says that the Ip-Ban is permanent I am currently working on another appeal but if it's permanent does that mean i cant get back in even with a good appeal?

I was browsing through the forums and the rules and what not and i noticed multiple pictures of the spawn area x-ray area. It says that the Ip-Ban is permanent I am currently working on another appeal but if it's permanent does that mean i cant get back in even with a good appeal?

"Lv.2 : bans and permanent bans (perma-ban).  Bans are given to players who have engaged in a serious breach of the server’s rules, or when players use alternate accounts to evade previous bans.  A ban will remain in effect until the offender submits a correctly formatted ban appeal on the server forums, and the server’s staff accepts this appeal.  A permanent ban is given to repeat offenders who broke the server’s rules on multiple occasions. After 2 – 3 repeated and appealed bans, staff members will institute a permanent ban on an account’s name.  This ban is usually* unappealable even if the offender submits an appeal.  In the event of a player advertising another server’s IP, or engage in an illegal behavior within the server, staff will automatically institute a permanent ban on an account.  (* Means that–in some cases–permanent bans have been appealed, but are very difficult to even be considered)"

Source: https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread...d=27#pid27

HomeTown Rulebook