• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Ban Appeal] Oriox317 - Grief/Theft
Server you were banned on (SMP): HometownMC (SMP Vanilla Server)

Minecraft name: Oriox317

Reason for your ban: I stole from a chest that i thought was abandoned Sad

Who banned you: Star

Why should you be unbanned: I love the server so much, I just joined recently but since then
i've had a great time hanging out with my friends Smile I'm really sorry. Nothing even remotely close will ever happen again. I can also return any of the missing items... I felt really bad right after doing it Sad I'm so sorry.

Why do you want to come back: Because honestly this is the best survival server i've played on in years Smile Plus a lot of my friends are on it and hanging out with them is a blast! The community is great, The shops are great, The whole feel of the overall server is just amazing! I would love a second chance but i know that decision is up to you guys Smile I hope you can forgive me. I was gonna build my house soon! Big Grin

NOTE* The bold isn't working for some reason Sad The code just shows up as code and the button isn't working... Sorry Sad

EDIT* I actually remember a big part of the story including how i got there and why it could be considered grief. I forgot about how i originally got to the place but i remember. I can explain that too if you think that would help my case at all.

Reading my reply made me realize that this isn't enough to even have you look at my reply let alone have me unbanned... Before i revise what i said i want to go through how and why this all happened. Maybe it will give you another perspective Smile I don't know...

So basically what happened is i stumbled upon the little booths (Player shops that i think are next to /warp enchantment which i was recently told about) and as i was looking around i saw one that had a little advertisement that said "Do /warp banner to buy custom banners!" So i thought "Oh that's cool!" and went. When i got there, i was in a pitch black small room and i couldn't see anything. I noticed a weird looking block, and assuming (you know what they say about assuming) it was protected, I tried breaking it. The only reason i did was because when i was in the dark it looked like a block i'd never seen before... and when i punched it it made a weird noise. But when i broke it the light came down and i realized it was a melon block... So of course i was extremely confused where i was and why i was in a dark enclosed room and why there were melons so i tried to dig my way out (also my mistake Sad ) After i dug my way out of the small room i saw that i was in a giant, unfinished, player shop. I went back into the hole to see if there was anywhere else it lead and there was a sign that i had missed previously. Reading it, it said "/warp banner coming soon! Smile" So i came out of the hole again and i was suprised that 1. There were no banners, 2.The "shop" was in the middle of a mesa very far away from where me and my friends live. And finally 3. Nothing was protected... I tried opening the chest to see if anyone had even planned on doing anything with the shop and all of the chests were completely unprotected... I was extremely confused... It also had looked like no one had done anything with it in a long time... So i decided that to catch up to where my friends were at in resources, that i should steal from the store Sad I'm so sorry, i didn't realize that i would cause any harm to anyone by doing this Sad I realize that if you can't see my mistake and think i shouldn't be forgiven i understand that... But i want whoever's reading this to know that i'm very sorry about what i did and that nothing like this will ever happen again Sad I'm really sorry for causing something that was specifically stated that i shouldn't do Sad I didn't realize anyone would be affected by my actions... Could you please tell the shop owner that i'm extremely sorry and that i thought i wasn't causing any harm to anyone by doing this Sad It would mean a lot. Thank you for looking at this, I hope you think i deserve a second chance Smile

I hope you realize from this that even if a build appears to be abandoned, boarded up, etc. it isn't a Black Friday trip. You'll need to give the stolen items to a staff member so they can be destroyed, as I already rolled back the theft. Do you agree to this?

(01-20-2016, 06:34 AM)Star Wrote: I hope you realize from this that even if a build appears to be abandoned, boarded up, etc. it isn't a Black Friday trip. You'll need to give the stolen items to a staff member so they can be destroyed, as I already rolled back the theft. Do you agree to this?

Sorry i was on vacation and did not have access to my phone or computer during the time. Sorry for the late reply.
Of course i will give the stolen items, if there is any way to tell exactly what i took that would be amazing, i don't want to keep anything that wasn't mine. Smile

Okay, I'll check with the owner to see what was removed. Welcome back to HomeTown, you're unbanned. Be more careful, please!