• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Secret Santa 2016
Danoir_
The world has moved on, they say...

Minecraftbrat03 ?, and I may have missed this but is there a warp where all the chest will be stored? And how do we know who to give a gift too?

Sign me up :Smile
ign is Mickenzy

(11-18-2016, 04:03 AM)Mickenzy Wrote: Sign me up :Smile
ign is Mickenzy

Ew no, mickenzy gets coal :|

I would love to join! Hesselhoff!!

_Kiru__
[Image: 4Lj0YCm.gif]

So do we only get two weeks to prepare a gift? Considering it'll be at 11:59 on the 9th, that leaves exactly two weeks from the 10th to the 24th.  If I remember correctly, we had well over a month to prepare our gifts last year, and it took many people just that amount of time.

-Ideally you'll prepare the gift before the deadline, but I can see where you're coming from. The date for the Holiday event hasn't been set yet, and we're expecting it to be in January, so you'll have just short of/around a month.

So does this mean we have a predetermined amount of space for gifts?  1 chest?  A double chest?  Or are we given something akin to plots?

-You'll be given a single chest, gotta get creative. Last year people had notes with coordinates they put in the chest that led to the real gift if they didn't want to confine themselves to a single chest.

Bit of a pessimist here, so are the chests going to be 'unlocked' or shared with whomever the chest is directed for?  
And what is the plan for people leaving over Christmas and unable to access MC.  Do they wait until they can again or if their person gives permission can they open early?

-The chests will most likely be unlocked, and we'll be watching very closely for theft. We don't put up with Grinches. The warp will stay in place for a while after the event is over, allowing people to get their gifts at their leisure. There won't be any early unwrappings.

Can we use redundant blocks (such as dirt) as ornamental blocks to surround our 'true' gift? As in, can I give a beacon and surround it with a heart, circle, etc. design of cobble?

-Should you so please, sure. I just wanted to avoid a full chest of nothing but dirt labelled "gift" or something of equal troll caliber.

I may have missed this but is there a warp where all the chest will be stored? And how do we know who to give a gift too?

-Yes, there will be a warp. It'll be displayed on the original post in large letters once the thread locks. It won't go up immediately, as I expect Lex and I will need around an hour to organize entries and randomize Secret Santa givers. Once we do that, we'll send a mail to people telling them who they're giving their gift to.
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

Entry for ThatOneWolfe.
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

NukedIceCream be my name to enter.

JoBot2014
Thanks for reading my post :3

- Became Trusted rank in April 2015