Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iONBlackJesus XRAY ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP): "smp.hometownmc.com"

Minecraft name: "iONBLackJesus"

Reason for your ban: "X-ray"

Who banned you: "Kat"

Why should you be unbanned:
I was positively not wall hacking; there is no point in doing so. The way I mine is systematic and frequently random as a result of ADHD. Unfortunately, I get bored of mining in one direction and go off on  in random directions at times. Through my experience as a Minecraft veteran, I understand that diamonds frequent around less than the y-axis of 15. The way I mine is a "ladder" approach. Think about it as a ladder placed onto the ground. I make a couple of 2x3 shafts that go in the forward direction. Next, I mine maybe 10-15 blocks either to the left or the right of the main shaft. Sometimes, to break up the monotony, I will mine in the left or the right of this second shaft. This increases the likelihood of finding ores in the chunks. It allows me to find ores efficiently without completely mining every single block I see. The "ladder" approach covers lots of ground and essentially creates an underground labyrinth.  If by I chance I find ore it is only logical to continue digging in the same direction under the tendency that I may find more in the same direction.

I know through Eratheon, that one point of concern regarding my mining was that the time between mining diamonds was very short. I understand that this may lead to the aforementioned suspicion of me X-Raying. One situation that may cater to this would include the fact that I didn't have a Fortune II pickaxe at the time. Eratheon did have one and was helping me get started on the server. In order to obtain the most amount of diamonds possible, Eratheon would have to mine them (he didn't want me to die in lava with his highly enchanted pickaxe). So, I would mine and create shafts and whenever I found diamonds I would tell him to come and TP to me and mine them. He was busy building some other projects so I would stay in the area, mark the diamonds with torches and then lead him later to mine them.

In addition, he got me a Fortune 3 highly enchanted pickaxe to use while mining. It also had Efficiency 4, Mending and Unbreaking 3. This accelerated my mining process quickly. I was able to mine great distances within minutes and with my sporadic mining, I guess I was lucky in hitting a couple of diamond patches near the bedrock. I was also not down mining for less than an hour to get these diamonds. I've been continuously mining for about 3 hours and the results pay off. If I was X-raying, then I would have gotten more diamonds in less time. People who X-ray only get that because they're impatient and they don't enjoy the exploration and chance of mining and exploring the underground. They just want diamonds and other valuables and they want it now. I've even voted a couple of times for the server to begin ranking up.

Why do you want to come back:
   I am currently banned under the pretense of walling/x-ray hacks. Me and my friends Vangauver and Eratheon have chosen this server to play on after being recommended to join the server by Eratheon. I've just joined the server today and my first impression of it was very good. The three of us used to play together back in Minecraft Beta on SMP servers. Since our original home server shut down years ago, we haven't been able to find a server to call home. I gave my original account to Vangauver since I thought I wouldn't get back into the game. However, seeing that my brother Vangauver and Eratheon were having a good time on HomeTown convinced me to purchase my own account so that we can play together. Getting back to the topic at hand, I wouldn't want to jeopardize the opportunity to be part of this community and to play with my best friends again.

I am sincerely sorry for whatever I have done and at the very least I would hope we could reach some middle ground to allow me to play with my friends, even if it be I never mine again. I just want to play with my friends, build amazing projects and be a part this community.

In addition to me being banned, Vangauver, my brother was also "banned" from the server. I believe this is due to me being IP banned, since we share the same IP address, he won't be able to join the server. Can you please at the least consider not IP banning and using another of ban since my brother Vangauver is not accused of doing anything wrong.

Thank you for reading and taking your time to consider this.

-Sincerely,
       Matthew / iONBlackJesus

Hi everyone,

My name is Eratheon, but you can call me Josh. I am making a reply to this post and I do understand the rules for replying to a post on this section of the forums.

To build a character reference on myself, I am VIP 2 and I have been playing on this server for almost a year. I like building stuff in Minecraft, it's what I do. A quick glance at my projects show that they take time and a lot of resource gathering. iONBlackJesus was going to pay me in diamonds for a castle that I am currently building for him. The points that he mentioned above regarding my involvement are true. Being part of this server for almost a year and spending a lot of time, resources and efforts into building these things does not give me any reason to suddenly start X-Raying for ores.

I started to prove Matthew's mining method and it has been working quite successfully. I started mining at 7:07 pm EST and I took a little 20 minute food break about halfway through. As of this time right now, 8:47 pm EST, I have 69 diamonds in my inventory which I have mined. I will be putting these away in a chest. I am also using a Fortune 2, Unbreaking 3, Efficiency 4 and Mending Diamond Pickaxe for the testing of this process. Note, the only difference Matthew's Pickaxe and mine are the Fortune 3 vs Fortune 2 enchantments.

I'm more than happy to provide the said evidence and will be willing to answer questions. I would invite a Staff member to come mining with me just so I can prove how the evidence was procured. 

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Josh/Eratheon

I decided to take the liberty to look at the mine in question. I'd like to consider myself pretty fair, and usually I look at X-Ray trying to prove someone innocent rather than guilty. I can't in good conscience say that this was just some fluke.

The area where you mined with torches seems to follow the pattern you describe, but then suddenly you start going off of Y:15 and go from ore to ore consistently over and over again. You can't honestly expect me to believe that you suddenly dug down 5 blocks and cleared out the area around the bedrock to expose diamond because of ADHD? And the path that you followed perfectly went from diamond to diamond, with curves sweeping around and digging up and down. I looked around and couldn't find any diamonds that you missed. I've seen lots of X-Ray in my time, and have even undone some X-Ray bans that I investigated to find weren't good bans. This isn't one of those, I'm sorry. I agree with Kat's decision to ban.

One thing that I can do however is lift the IP ban to allow your brother to play. It's gone.
[Image: tumblr_nfz4m14xkj1toipevo1_400.gif]

(12-12-2016, 01:17 PM)Saiyaka Wrote: I decided to take the liberty to look at the mine in question. I'd like to consider myself pretty fair, and usually I look at X-Ray trying to prove someone innocent rather than guilty. I can't in good conscience say that this was just some fluke.

The area where you mined with torches seems to follow the pattern you describe, but then suddenly you start going off of Y:15 and go from ore to ore consistently over and over again. You can't honestly expect me to believe that you suddenly dug down 5 blocks and cleared out the area around the bedrock to expose diamond because of ADHD? And the path that you followed perfectly went from diamond to diamond, with curves sweeping around and digging up and down. I looked around and couldn't find any diamonds that you missed. I've seen lots of X-Ray in my time, and have even undone some X-Ray bans that I investigated to find weren't good bans. This isn't one of those, I'm sorry. I agree with Kat's decision to ban.

One thing that I can do however is lift the IP ban to allow your brother to play. It's gone.
I appreciate it just sad it couldn't have ended differently,  at least my brother can play.
[url=https://hometownmc.com/forums/member.php?action=profile&uid=20][/url]Thank you, Matthew

When looking through core protect, your name stood out due to the change in Y. You had gone from Y 15 to Y 2 within a short period of time. I had looked around and on first sight it looked like nothing. Something that was significant to cause your ban was your mine straight to a spawner.
[Image: eeSjRa8.png]
In addition to that, when looking at your mines, in some cases it didn't follow your pattern. You were on Y 15 once/twice out of all of your ore breaks. Many of them were close together and you had gone up and down and always hit diamond ore.
[Image: BeCkCHe.png]
As a conclusion, I had some other staff look at your mines and 4 also agreed that it was indeed X-Ray. Finally I wish you good luck for you next server, unless you wish to re-appeal admitting to your actions.

All evidence here:
http://imgur.com/a/4wfTg
- KatNip