• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Semi-Public Witch farm
Hey everyone, I recently found a witch hut in a swamp and i have been clearing out the land around it to make it so that if there ever is a farm there, that the spawn rates will be higher. 

My thoughts are that there is much to be done for this project, and I'm not gonna be able to do it all by myself so I thought I would ask for help. Whether its giving advice, clearing out land, lighting up caves, or doing redstone work, anything would be helpful.

Some of the things that i have to know for this project are

-What is the mob spawn radius from a player.

-Would people in the hometown community want to do a game of Abba to light up the surrounding chunks.
                       (to be debated at a future time as well)

-Is there anyone who knows how to do the redstone for the witch farm.

-How would the items be sorted

-Should the farm be limited to certain classes or be free to everyone or have to be paid for.

-Is there anything I am missing that would help out with this project.

I would love to hear what you people have to say and if any of you are interested in helping ether mail me in hometown (my ign is gunner_ammo) or post a reply down in the comments saying you want to help with your user name. If you want to help out let me know what your willing to do and what skills you got in minecraft that would be useful and I will hopefully get back to you.

-gunner_ammo

paid for
it lowers th usage and crowwdeed ness

myspeellimg is on poiimt todsay y i broek my backspaace
hi i dont play minecraft very often much anymore but would love to start playing again.

If u need any help clearing land or lighting caves and stuff, let me know I'd be happy to help!! Big Grin

(12-10-2016, 07:46 PM)barbqsauceinator Wrote: If u need any help clearing land or lighting caves and stuff, let me know I'd be happy to help!! Big Grin

Hey thanks barbq for the offer. if you could give me your ign it would be helpful. also i will let you know the quards and stuff when I figure out some of the information that I need for the project like the clear out radius, and also if people would like to do a game of abba.

(12-10-2016, 08:42 AM)Hunto10 Wrote: paid for

myspeellimg is on  poiimt todsay y i broek my backspaace

Thanks Hunto. also the reason makes sense. 

Here is another question, should the farm be free to players who are HT vets or elites?

make it free for staff but all others must pay
hi i dont play minecraft very often much anymore but would love to start playing again.

Ok, since I already built one I can warn you now, stop
no use continue this project as the spawnrate is  ridiculously slow.

(12-11-2016, 04:32 AM)gunner_ammo Wrote:
(12-10-2016, 07:46 PM)barbqsauceinator Wrote: If u need any help clearing land or lighting caves and stuff, let me know I'd be happy to help!! Big Grin

Hey thanks barbq for the offer. if you could give me your ign it would be helpful. also i will let you know the quards and stuff when I figure out some of the information that I need for the project like the clear out radius, and also if people would like to do a game of abba.

(12-10-2016, 08:42 AM)Hunto10 Wrote: paid for

myspeellimg is on  poiimt todsay y i broek my backspaace

Thanks Hunto. also the reason makes sense. 

Here is another question, should the farm be free to players who are HT vets or elites?

my ign is the same as the one on my account, barbqsauceinator

(12-11-2016, 06:16 PM)shisuan Wrote: Ok, since I already built one I can warn you now, stop
no use continue this project as the spawnrate is  ridiculously slow.

thanks for the warning. Is there any chance that there is  anything that could be done to fix that or is it just something  thats gonna be around forever?

As far as I know there is nothing to be done, It's the nature of of the wichhut, I wish there was witchspawners.

The easiest way force witch spawns is to have lightning strike close to villagers which is still a challenge in of it's own. I guess you could build and area like a villager farm but open on top to allow lightning to strike inside and added bonus... enough villagers and it can become and iron/witch farm or an auto witch farm when the iron gollums kill the witches.
The way Minecraft was meant to be played.