• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server backup
Just a general question. Does anyone know if our Hometown Minecraft server is backed up on a recurring basis? As an IT person, the question always comes up in the worst of times. But if the server that is hosting hometown went down, maybe hardware or whatever the reason, could it be recovered with everyone's work?

aron

To my knowledge it gets backed up, but not particularly often due to the immense amount of time it requires.
[Image: tumblr_nfz4m14xkj1toipevo1_400.gif]

Thanks Saiyaka. I was just curious of the infrastructure.

I inquired more from some other folks on the server but haven't had a response yet. The concern is how much would all of us lose if the server has major problems. Would we lose 1 month, 3 months, a year. I know a lot of people that put a lot of work into their projects here. It would be great if we could have someone knowledgeable of that process to provide the community some details. With some of the technology out there such as virtual machines and basic backup software, it's possible to backup over a long weekend without bringing down the server. Just some thoughts. How about some other feedback. If 3-6 months were lost of your work, how much would you lose of your building projects?