• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP): HomeTown Simple Survival

Minecraft name: 7indygirl

Reason for your ban: This was a very long time ago, however I took a cake (I am fairly sure it was a cake) from an item frame from a girl who was being mean to my friend previously. (Yes, I know I probably shouldn't have, but I can't change my past. Therefore, I am owning up to my mistake.)

Who banned you: Rowebot

Why should you be unbanned: At the time, I was just mad and wasn't thinking of the consequences. I wouldn't have normally done something like that. Plus, that was a long time ago. I have learned from my mistakes.

Why do you want to come back: I miss the server, and most of the people I met were very nice. The server is like an LAN in a good way, so I can do survival multiplayer with my friends. Big Grin

I don't ban for just one item. You and your friend did a fair amount of grief in the town that you were living in.

I did not go through my screenshots in detail but you took at least 3 item frames and damaged other parts of the town.

Update your appeal to match what I have in screenshots and explain why you should not have done it and what you should have done instead.
/Rowebot

(12-22-2016, 08:17 PM)Rowebot Wrote: I don't ban for just one item.  You and your friend did a fair amount of grief in the town that you were living in.

I did not go through my screenshots in detail but you took at least 3 item frames and damaged other parts of the town.

Update your appeal to match what I have in screenshots and explain why you should not have done it and what you should have done instead.

Please tell me what I did, because I really don't remember. And I don't remember greifing anything. Again, that was a while ago, so I seriously don't remember what I did.

I would be glad to own up to what I did, and apologize, but I need to know what to apologize for.

You and camdyn_shea_12 removed items from 2 buildings and added dirt all over the diner and the rooftop eating area. I rolled back 400 blocks of grief against your name. I found a number of questionable block removal and replace actions done in several places in the town where you went into locked buildings.

A couple months later I rolled back your shared house in the town for the owner given that you two were banned.

Pictures of the rollback totals are here: http://imgur.com/a/evS8e
/Rowebot

Whoa whoa whoa.... I would never greif someone and I know that. I am not saying that you are lying about this. I'm sure what you say is true, however, I would not greif anyone. I've been greifed before, (different server on pocket edition) and I would (and never have) greifed another person because I know what it feels like. It sucks. My friend (this person is no longer my friend because I realized they were not a good person a while ago) asked what Minecraft pc was like, so I showed her how it worked and let her play on some of my servers. She got on hometown the most, and this was over an expansion of days. I've only been of the server once or twice, or I've been on my phone and looked over her shoulder to see her on it. (She only had minecraft rip off games on her ipad, she wanted to try the real thing. Her parents would not let her buy a pc account because they said it was a waste of money.) I'm not trying to dodge this ban by saying it wasn't me, because I realize this was probably my fault, by letting her freely play on all my servers. I should have told her to stick to singleplayer worlds, but at the time I didn't think she would do anything bad. I know I had a house, but when I saw her walking around and building, I assumed she was doing it where she was allowed to. I thought I got banned for taking something from an item frame, because it said I was banned for theft. If I had known that my account/my friend had been greifing, I would have definately done something to stop it. I 100% agree that you should have banned me for greifing (and theft), but I personally want to have a chat with my this person whom I let borrow my account before anything else happens. I'm sorry for stealing that cake though, and sorry for letting this happen. Again, have been greifed before and I would never do it to someone. Please give me a chance to talk to this person about using my account like that. (I know who it is because she was the only person I've ever let get on my account) I understand if you don't believe me and don't want to unban me, just hear me out on this one.

I personally have been on plenty of servers like this where you can build on someone's plot or survival servers like this. I don't know if it is possible for you to see, but I have never greifed anyone on those servers. Thank you for giving me another chance to explain why I am apologizing and why I should be let back on. I really appriciate it.

7indygirl, you story does not jibe with what I saw in the logs. If your friend was using your 7indygirl account, who is camdyn_shea_12? Because accounts, 7indygirl and camdyn_shea_12, played for quite a while, decorating a house in the town. Then later, both accounts were doing grief at the same time in the same 2 buildings.
/Rowebot

camdyn_shea_12 was indeed not the person who used my minecraft account. We all three know each other in real life, and all three of us were skyping each other (meaning the girl was at my house with me, and camdyn was skyping us from her home.) I talked to the person who was using my account and she admitted to greifing after messing around a bit with the house. She did very well know what she was doing was wrong, but I, at the time, did not think she would do something like that. Still not sure why she would do that, though. I don't know why Camdyn greifed too. Maybe she got caught up in the moment or didn't want that other girl to be mad at her for not helping. Whatever the reason, I think all three of us have matured enough to apologize. Camdyn does not remember her password to hometown forums, and she said she could not create a new account since she already linked her account to a forums account in which she forgot her password too. Is there a way she can re-create her account? Me and Camdyn are still very close friends who play minecraft together often, but that other girl? We haven't talked in a long time. I won't let anyone else get on hometown on my account without my permission, (even if at the time they seem trustable), and I will not take things from item frames or anything of the sort.

Ok, makes sense now. You are totally responsible for your account and everything that is done by that account. Please don't share it.

That being said, I accept this ban appeal. You are unbanned. Welcome back to the server.

Please do "/rules" to refresh your memory of our rules if you are not forced back through the Tutorial.

Note that the HT main world has been reset due to the harddrive filling up and corrupting files. So all your old builds are read-only on a separate old world.

Camdyn's forum account is still there. If she wants to do an appeal then I will have to ask an admin to reset her password. We will have to figure out a way to get the password to her and then she should change it.
/Rowebot

I have sent you a forum private mail with the reset password to camdyn_shea_12's forum account. Can you get the password to her please and have her login to change it to something only she knows.
/Rowebot

Thank you for understanding what happened and giving me a chance to explain. Nothing like that will happen again, seeing as everyone involved in this has matured and apologized. I will not let anyone on my account, even if I think I can trust them. Yes, I can get the password to her. Thank you very much for understanding and forgiving.