• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Third Shift Tales
Shit Grimm Does

(12-23-2016, 08:51 PM)Nether_Ruler Wrote: Shit Grimm Does

Much like "Shit Grimm Says", I'm more or less the store's jokester.  Usually, I make dirty jokes or other random shit for entertainment.

- For those of you who don't know, sour cream in the food industry is dispensed via a device that look like a caulking gun; the sour cream comes in canisters.  Antman, will hand me a food item and just say, "cream it".  Sometimes, I'll rub the length of the sour cream gun up and down before firing a load of sour cream onto the food item.  Antman will look me in the face and say one of four things, "Boy, you're so fucking retarded", "You stupid", "You're not right", or "I can't stand working with you at times". xD

- If you maneuver a sour cream gun just right when you dispense a measured amount of sour cream, you can get it to look like a sperm cell.  Lowkey sperm for some meals.  I'm not the only one who does this. xP

- As the night goes on, the refried beans can get a little dry and have a more playdough like consistency.  Sometimes, if I'm told to throw them out, I'll take a small ball and roll it to look like shit before placing it at someone's work station. xP

- A cashier, who will be named TV, and I have had this prolonged prank war going for some time now.  It started when I scared the shit out of him.  The windows at my store get cleaned daily, both inside and outside.  Well, TV was cleaning the outside surface of the windows.  The windows have these black mesh screen to block out sunlight during the day and they roll up or down via a pull-chain.  If it's clear and bright outside, you can't see through the mesh screen into the building but you can see outside.  Well, as TV was cleaning, I got in position to scare him; I yanked the pull-chain hard, pulling the screen up fast, and slammed against the window.  He proceeded to have to chase me through the kitchen with a spraybottle of window cleaner. xD

- Another story involving TV and I.  Sometimes, TV will purposely bump into me lightly as he walks past.  Well, one day, I had dropped some sour cream and lettuce on my right shoe, and he bumped into me.  As he came back, I feigned a kick at him and he got scared for a moment because he knows I do martial arts.  What he didn't notice was the glob of sour cream and lettuce across his chest and arm.  When I point it out, he wiped it off on my apron and smacked a guacamole-covered spoon he was taking to the sink on my back.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

The Liar part 2
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

(12-24-2016, 04:54 AM)Star Wrote: The Liar part 2

This is an odd case.  There was a woman who would bitch and lie about how we fucked up her order, then she got hired to work in our store after she applies, quit two weeks later because she hated the job/customers, and proceeded to go back to her past, bitchy antics of causing us issues. 

One night, this woman came through the drive-thru and placed an order.  Well, three people had headsets on, including County, a manager.  We heard her order clearly, it was 100% right on our end.  We made it, handed it out, she bitched about how, "You worthless fuckers always fuck my order up!" and handed back her food.  Well, County wasn't having it anymore, she threw the bag of food into this woman's car and shut the window.  The woman proceeded to leave and call our store to continue her irrational tirade with us, we didn't answer the phone.  However, she called, and called, and called; she must've called the store twenty times within 13min before I took action.

I went to the office, waited for the ringing to stop, and took the phone off the receiver.  I returned to the kitchen and said, "Oh, in my slowness and clumsiness, I was unable to reach the phone in time and forgot to put the phone back."  The rest of the night crew looked at me essentially like this:
[Image: not-bad_min.png]

HomeTown Rulebook

If I fits, I sit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
[Image: latest?cb=20140209085003]

The Waffle Syrup
[Image: Jh4Rh61.png]  

(12-24-2016, 08:35 AM)Oshakai Wrote: If I fits, I sit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

This story revolves around a collective disdain for people whose indecision holds everything up.  This isn't a terribly well-known fact, but a store's crew is graded on how fast we get food out the window, we're timed on each order.  That's right, timed.  From the moment a customer pulls up to the microphone booth and the moment they pull off with food, a timer is going.  No matter how long the customer takes or how big their order is, we're timed to get food out within 3min 30sec.  The times are averaged at the end of the night and compared to the 3:30 standard.  For anyone who understands averages and outliers, you'll know a single order may skew the average immensely.  This is why mistakes are made, this is why cashiers rush you, this is why we get irritated.  Good times equate to recognition, efficiency, and pay raises.  Bad times equate to a lot of yelling, disapproval, and employment terminations.  Now that you understand this, here are examples of this timer causing issues.

- One time, a man came through our drive-thru and asked the cashier what was on multiple items, added/removed items from his order, then proceeded to scrap his whole order and just get water.  He was in our drive-thru for 7min+ for a free cup of water, which held up the eight cars behind him that caused a micro-rush and bad times.  People do this all the time with drinks and food, some of them then file a false complaint.

- A drunk/high customer comes through the drive thru, makes and order, pulls up, and gets their food.  They'll then say, "this isn't what I wanted, you got my order wrong".  Well, these mush-minded people forget what they ordered or can't talk right.  This holds us and other customers up because we have to deal with essentially an angry, irrational, indecisive child that slurs their words a lot.

Now, here's where things get interesting, a regional manager can survey all the stores' time in their area and see us all working via cameras.  When bad times crop up, they may call us up, ask what's going run, and tell us to run our asses faster to fix the time.  That would be dandy and practical if there were more than three people running/cleaning a whole store.  Needless to say, there's a lot of stress.

(12-24-2016, 10:34 AM)Patty Wrote: The Waffle Syrup

This is one of the grosser stories I have and one of the shortest.  One day, when I came onto an afternoon shift, County, a manager, was detail cleaning the whole store.  She was moving shelves, boxes, equipment, and appliances to clean.  Well, she walks up to me and says, "Here, look at this" and she passed me a small package of waffle syrup; the kind you receive in some hotels or fast-food joints on a breakfast menu.  Now, I have never worked the morning shift in my entire time at this store, nor had I ever eaten breakfast at my store at this time.  I said, "Huh, I didn't know we have waffle syrup" to which County replied, "Yup, we had waffle syrup over a year ago; I found this in the corner"

In other words, this store was never fully detail cleaned for over a year...

HomeTown Rulebook