• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
X-Ray Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP): HomeTownSMP.

Minecraft name: Shibewad.

Reason for your ban: I was banned for using X-ray.

Who banned you: Kat.

Why should you be unbanned: I know I used X-ray and I honestly won't deny it. I genuinely enjoy the server and I shouldn't have taken a shortcut to my progress. My friends and I recently joined the server looking for a good survival world and we found it, and we quickly set up a house and a mine. The next day I got banned for X-raying and my friend got pissed at me for doing it, because he wanted to stay on the server due to the community and overall nice vibe.

It's my fault and I accept full responsibility for my actions, and would like to ask for another chance. I've told my friend about my decisions and he says that if I do get unbanned, he will make sure that I don't use X-ray so we can avoid another situation like this. We don't want to go to another server, so I'd like to ask for an unban. In turn, I'll have my friend (IGN: Hydronair) report me to the mods if I use X-ray again.

I studied other ban appeals to see how I can change my actions, and I found that a mod has an essay against X-raying, and I'd like to give it a shot for a somewhat better chance at consideration for an unban.

- Why is X-raying bad?

- How does X-raying affect other players?

- How does X-raying affect the server's economy?

- How will you take this ban and learn from it?

1. X-raying is bad because of it's ability to take the main point of the game, discovery, and turn it into an endurance test instead of an actual challenge. It's taken a lot of the fun out of the game for me, and I've only done it for an advantage over other players, similar to eating junk food despite knowing it's bad for you in the long run.

2. X-raying affects other players negatively because of the advantage it gives you over other players, making them feel left out and forcing them to use X-ray like an infection. It's always felt unfair when someone X-rays to get more than you.

3. X-raying affects the economy in the same way it affects other players: negatively. After a (near) infinite and impossible amount of time, all mining resources of a world will have been harvested for personal use. X-raying only speeds that up and forces the economy and server to be more one sided, as well as kill it faster.

4. I've been banned for X-raying before on a couple of other servers years ago, and I've regretted it each time. I've recently gotten back into Minecraft, and the same feeling came back when I got banned. Since I don't play on a lot of servers, I genuinely want to ask for another chance to enjoy the server and it's community.

I know this post is pretty long, but a mod named Grimm_Wolfe said on another post that "An xray appeal must be long and well written in order to even be considered" so I'm putting plenty of effort into this appeal. Thank you for your time.

Why do you want to come back: I wish to come back because this is the first survival server that I've thoroughly enjoyed in a long time. This server is extremely simple and sweet, and that's exactly what I love about it. The community is nice and tells me which warps to go to when I need supplies, and the staff are kind to everyone. A guy named RisingSwell even lended me supplies and helped me find a home when I first joined! Seriously, this server is great and I wish I could be a part of it again. Thanks again for reading, and I hope you consider my appeal.

-Shibewad

Hello. Sorry for the late reply, your appeal was well written I had to go and think about how to reply. I am going to Unban you as long as you promise to give all the X-Rayed goods to a Mod/Admin/Founder. You have shown why you're sorry and used the method that is commonly used to appeal. If you break the rules again, it will be a permanent ban. If you can agree to give the X-Rayed good to a staff member, I will unban you.

Evidence:
http://imgur.com/a/QU59a
- KatNip

(12-31-2016, 01:42 AM)TheOnlyKat Wrote: Hello. Sorry for the late reply, your appeal was well written I had to go and think about how to reply. I am going to Unban you as long as you promise to give all the X-Rayed goods to a Mod/Admin/Founder. You have shown why you're sorry and used the method that is commonly used to appeal. If you break the rules again, it will be a permanent ban. If you can agree to give the X-Rayed good to a staff member, I will unban you.

Evidence:
http://imgur.com/a/QU59a

I promise to give all of the X-Rayed goods to a staff member. Thank you so much!

I will be unbanning you. Welcome back to HT. Make sure to do /rules when you return.
- KatNip