• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ban Appeal
Hello, I was recently banned for apparently breaking rule 2, I would like to contest this, and say that I was responding to person attacks against myself, I was out of line in some personal insults, and insulting a person on the server, however I would like to say that I was responding to being called racist when I was not, being accused of being racist against Muslims, and prejudice against Jewish people, when I am in fact Jewish myself, I talked my grievance over with the accuser in question, and was further called racist, homophobic, and transphobic, when I am certainly none of these things.

In short, yes I did say a bad word, I apologize and I will not do this again in future, I will ignore the person who was offended by my comments in future and I will keep my mouth shut.

Thanks

https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

(01-11-2017, 12:59 AM)Star Wrote: https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3

Server you were banned on (SMP): Hometown

Minecraft name: Grappler

Reason for your ban: Breaking rule 2

Who banned you: Lex

Why should you be unbanned: I’m sorry for my actions and I want to make amends

Why do you want to come back: I enjoy the server and want to continue my build

(01-11-2017, 02:56 AM)Grappler Wrote:
(01-11-2017, 12:59 AM)Star Wrote: https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3

Why should you be unbanned: I’m sorry for my actions and I want to make amends

Why do you want to come back: I enjoy the server and want to continue my build

The first appeal you had was good, the more detail and effort you have means you're more likely to be unbanned. Also, patience is key, and Lex will respond when she can. Therefore, you'll just have to wait until she has time.
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

Grappler, please update your appeal to include more detail. You had it right before you edited it.

I'll give this another go then:

Why should you be unbanned: Hello, I was recently banned for apparently breaking rule 2, I would like to contest this, and say that I was responding to person attacks against myself, I was out of line in some personal insults, and insulting a person on the server, however I would like to say that I was responding to being called racist when I was not, being accused of being racist against Muslims, and prejudice against Jewish people, when I am in fact Jewish myself, I talked my grievance over with the accuser in question, and was further called racist, homophobic, and transphobic, when I am certainly none of these things.

In short, yes I did say a bad word, I apologize and I will not do this again in future, I will ignore the person who was offended by my comments in future and I will keep my mouth shut.

Why do you want to come back: I enjoy the server and want to continue my build, as well as as previously mentioned, make amends to anybody I have annoyed, as well as continue to offer my services on the server, and finish some builds I have been paid to do.

Thanks for the reply by the way Frost

Thank you for the redo. You have been unbanned. Often times it is better just to take the high road and be the bigger person.

Thanks very much for the unban and the kind words, I don't want to shift blame at all, but I was in a bad place at that time, and some buttons were pushed, hopefully that's all over and done with though, and I certainly hope that's well behind me, thanks again