• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's in a name
Just wanted to get to know the wonderful members of the server. So down to business what is the inspiration for your usernames (if there is any). I will get the ball rolling my username is based of certain parts of a couple of lines in what I consider my personal theme song that song being "It's So Easy Being Evil "-by Voltaire
It's so easy being evil 
This is the life you see 
The devil tips his hat to me 

I'm not sure where I got Stargirl from, but the original 707 came from an account my old best friend and I had on nick.com when we played games together. Just a fun fact, but my favourite perfume for a long time was one I got in Paris named Etoile - aka Star in English.
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

So, "Ardenmorsolias" comes from Latin for burning death slippers (ardens mortem soleas). Other options I had were "Harpansadum" (tasty sandy bread) or "Filsperenos" (children's glass shards)

Mine is a old spelling of a chinese province and no Im not chinese. It's also a content in alzheimermedicin wich is more like me, I forget alot of things.....

I just like science, physics and genetics in particular, hence gene. I just find fire interesting, hence fire.
And then firegene.

Miu is a character from Nana and miaou, well it's the french for "meow", miu and miaou pronounce almost the same, so it's sort of a pun

y'all know my history of names but I'll explain them

Sunkist_401 - iconic. legendary. still haunts me today.  anyways this came from my favorite soda at the time (2011? or 2012 can't remember) and 401 were 3 numbers on an I.D. I had at the time LMAO

MaddieTheSloth - sloths were my favorite animals in the beautiful days known as 2015 (r.i.p.) and maddie is my nickname ofc (I still can't escape the sloth branding)

Maddie_Amity - again, my nickname is maddie and amity comes from my favorite band, the amity affliction. (can't escape this branding either, which I'm only making it worse for myself by replacing the "am" in amity with however I feel that day. ex. Maddie Sickity, Maddie Sadity) (mid 2015)

memedison - a nickname given by a crush (who I actually told recently that I had liked them for the longest time LMAO) I had at the time, it was early 2016 so memes were at its peak, and madison is my real name 

_Maddie - do I really have to explain this. fun fact: I had set an alarm for the exact minute that this name would be available, in fact, I started it about 3 months ahead of time.
I have a new girlfriend now
[Image: tumblr_nwsqf8uAJM1tbo6e7o1_500.gif]

a player on the server gave me the nickname "patty" from an older ign i had with the word "pattern" in it, then another player from the server told me to change it to "patwaf"- "pat" from patty and "waf" for waffle. idk where the waffle came from
[Image: Jh4Rh61.png]  

I've been RetroSteveUK for years, on whatever network I happen to be a part of. Simple and a bit boring really, but I've been gaming since the days of the Sinclair ZX Spectrum (Retro), Steve's my name, and I live in the UK.
- Gaming Since The 80's