• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: Do you think it should update?
Yes! Big Grin
No! D:<
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, most of you people probably know that 1.11.2 has come out, what with the terracotta, concrete and new palette, et cetera, and I was wondering if the server would update anytime soon. I don't see how this could negatively affect the server, the only new addition to Minecraft is blocks that don't spawn naturally. There is one possible problem that I see, which is people ravaging the deserts (and beaches), but that's what the resource world is for.

(02-13-2017, 04:30 AM)Ardenmorsolias Wrote: So, most of you people probably know that 1.11.2 has come out, what with the terracotta, concrete and new palette, et cetera, and I was wondering if the server would update anytime soon. I don't see how this could negatively affect the server, the only new addition to Minecraft is blocks that don't spawn naturally. There is one possible problem that I see, which is people ravaging the deserts (and beaches), but that's what the resource world is for.

The server updates when all the plugins update, and that usually takes about 15-30 days in my experience. 
As for the second issue maybe an expansion after the update?

(02-13-2017, 04:30 AM)Ardenmorsolias Wrote: So, most of you people probably know that 1.11.2 has come out, what with the terracotta, concrete and new palette, et cetera, and I was wondering if the server would update anytime soon. I don't see how this could negatively affect the server, the only new addition to Minecraft is blocks that don't spawn naturally. There is one possible problem that I see, which is people ravaging the deserts (and beaches), but that's what the resource world is for.

I believe you are referring to version 1.12. Version 1.12 has not been released yet, and is only in prerelease versions at them moment, and is not ready to be used on a server such as Hometown yet. Updating also includes updating plugins, which are usually not made for snapshot versions

Oops...

Did not realize that it was not yet an official release. Also, I don't see any new mechanics that would interfere with any of the plugins, it is not a major update like 1.8.

(02-14-2017, 06:57 AM)Ardenmorsolias Wrote: Oops...

Did not realize that it was not yet an official release. Also, I don't see any new mechanics that would interfere with any of the plugins, it is not a major update like 1.8.

There's always backend stuff, as well as direct interaction with other plugins. Coreprotect and Chestshop being two pretty (understatement) important ones that wouldn't work properly.

1.11 also didn't have that many new mechanics and it still took a month for all the server plugins to be updated.

(02-14-2017, 08:18 AM)NukedIceCream Wrote:
(02-14-2017, 06:57 AM)Ardenmorsolias Wrote: Oops...

There's always backend stuff, as well as direct interaction with other plugins. Coreprotect and Chestshop being two pretty (understatement) important ones that wouldn't work properly.

1.11 also didn't have that many new mechanics and it still took a month for all the server plugins to be updated.
Though the server definitely should (and will) update when 1.12 comes out.