• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on: HometownMC

Minecraft Name: Praeter 

Reason for your ban: (Overwhelming) Grief/Thievery (I guess) 

- Dug grass along the main pathway. 
- Built a dirt wall covering the main pathway.
- Harvested crops from someone's farm.
- Stole mushrooms from someone's farm.
- Shattered glass from an abandoned building.
- Smashed flower pots.
- Broke about 63 wool carpet. Used that carpet to build up and jump off. Did the same thing with sand four times. 
- Chopped wood to build a boat and rowed across the sea. I found an island with a portal and proceeded to teleport. I found myself in the underworld, breaking nether rack.
 - Destroyed about 346 blocks in total. 

Who banned you: Saiyaka 

Why you should be unbanned: Yes, I've done many bad things, because I am a sad maggot  that deserves death. I'm quite new to this server and didn't know/read the rules because of my 3rd grade reading level. I was ignorant of my actions, due to the lack of warning. I thought that it was okay to build and destroy in the area that I was in. Since I could place blocks and destroy without any warning messages appearing.  As they say "Ignorance is bliss." I was careless, ignoring the rules from the start. I deeply regret doing so. If you unban me, I'll be sure to read and follow the rules. 

Why do you want to come back:
To destroy the blocks I placed and restore the blocks I destroyed. Ungrief, you could say. I also want to start fresh on this server.

And as corny as this appeal may sound, I tried. Also, I apologize for those I griefed and stole from.

Thanks. Smile 

If you're so acutely aware of what you did, why did you do it? Your actions were clearly malicious, and you most likely tested the rules intentionally. First question of the quiz asks if you're allowed to grief, and you clicked the correct answer.

What is the purpose of the dirt wall? What is the purpose of a lot of what you did, if not to cause harm?
[Image: tumblr_nfz4m14xkj1toipevo1_400.gif]

(02-14-2017, 07:58 AM)Saiyaka Wrote: If you're so acutely aware of what you did, why did you do it? Your actions were clearly malicious, and you most likely tested the rules intentionally. First question of the quiz asks if you're allowed to grief, and you clicked the correct answer.

What is the purpose of the dirt wall? What is the purpose of a lot of what you did, if not to cause harm?

I was aware of my actions. Why did I do it? I was bored I guess. To be honest, I kept guessing until I got the right answer on the quiz. Foolish huh? Reasons for griefing? Like any other griefer. I griefed to cause harm. Again, as stated in my appeal, the "lack of warnings" further my griefing. I'm not trying to say that this server's security is bad or anything. What I lacked at the time was common sense. About the dirt wall and other damage? Like I said, I was very bored. I thought that you could build and destroy in the area that I was in, seeing as the buildings were already part destroyed. I know that people took time and effort into their builds. And to see me ruin them? Makes me a pretty shitty person. Now I understand if you don't want to unban me. It's your decision and I'll respect it. 

Thanks.  Shy

What I don't get is, why the sudden change of heart? What makes someone go from wanting to cause wanton harm to suddenly feeling apologetic about all of it.

(02-15-2017, 07:14 AM)Saiyaka Wrote: What I don't get is, why the sudden change of heart? What makes someone go from wanting to cause wanton harm to suddenly feeling apologetic about all of it.

Hehe, all these questions huh? I don't mind, ask away. I did say that I wanted to start fresh. Oh yeah, and I do have a good friend that plays on this server. Reading through these appeals many people realized what they have done, and also had a "change of heart." Going from harm to being apologetic? I realized my mistakes and well, you know "You learn from your mistakes" I guess. Sorry, I don't have much else to say. 

Thanks.  Shy

Alright, I'll give you another chance but any sign of grief and the like will result in something much more permanent, and time wasted for both of us. Understood?

(02-16-2017, 09:42 AM)Saiyaka Wrote: Alright, I'll give you another chance but any sign of grief and the like will result in something much more permanent, and time wasted for both of us. Understood?
Understood. I assure you that nothing like this will ever happen again. I'll be certain to read the rules once I get back on as well. Thank you for your time, Saiyaka. 

Shy

Alright, you're unbanned.