• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Villagers on claimed land
Question 
Nother noob question.  Wink

I have villagers on my claim that I'd like visitors to be able to trade with.  Is there a way of doing this on HomeTown?  If not, I'll build something outside my claim and alert staff if it's griefed - I'm presuming the rollback feature works on villagers if they're lost/killed.
- Gaming Since The 80's

Take pics of the villagers trading items. Staff can't get back particular villagers, they just do random ones. So you can show them what you had.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Showing staff pictures of the villagers inventories won't help because they can't spawn in specific villagers. It would take forever to get a villager thats even just similar to the original.
If you don't want to risk losing villagers, protect them. If not, there's always the chance that they could be killed and you won't be able to get them back.
[Image: co44lLl.gif]

Ok, thanks. That's given me an idea.

I'm currently moving villagers to my base and giving them individual huts themed on their trades. I was lucky enough to set up my base relatively near to a village that hadn't been claimed or destroyed, so I've been 'shipping' villagers one by one in a boat over land, (it's hilarious - you should try it!)

I think the way forward will be to set up shop chests in each hut selling what that particular villager would ordinarily trade. Outside the claim I'll build an indoor market with multiple villagers for visitors to use, and I'm working on building a villager breeding area in the original village (where I've laid a claim), so that'll replenish any villagers that may get griefed in the unclaimed area.
- Gaming Since The 80's

on the topic of " noob qwestons " how do you breed villagers?
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain 

Lots of doors in the vicinity of a group of villagers. There's more to it than that, but a quick google or youtube search will shed light on the subject.
- Gaming Since The 80's

do /containertrust (playername)

that's the only way if you want them not to die

(in my experience)