• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: Which is best on Bows - Infinity or Mending?
Infinity
Mending
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bows - Infinity or Mending?
(03-02-2017, 12:26 AM)ak_orange_peel Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 11:31 PM)RetroSteveUK Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 04:46 AM)Ardenmorsolias Wrote: Infinity because repairing is not that difficult with guardian farms. However, if you do not have access to that stuff, then yeah, mending.

I wasn't aware guardian farms provide repairs. How does that work?

i would like to know aswell how dose that work?

i like infinity better becues you do not have to to Carey staks of arrows
you can also repair it with an anvil and a regular bow
(replyception)(10/10 english)

I said guardian farms as an example of a source of XP to finance your periodic bow repairs, but I said that because they are quick and provide experience en masse. There is no direct/specific way to repair something from guardians themselves, only the XP.
[Image: xBZySNt.png]

Regarding the loss of God bows with both enchants; maybe they've been disabled either in an update, or by the server, so you can't have them, even if you had it previously? I'm sure staff can clarify this one, maybe.
- Gaming Since The 80's

In my opinion it's easier to farm arrows than it is levels/repairing materials, so Mending. However I haven't used Mending much as of late so I'll have to experiment with it.

I'd prefer mending. Arrows are pretty easy to make and cheap to buy if you're too lazy (like me) to make them

Thinking about it, I also have Mending on my diamond sword. I think once you've managed to get some sweet, high level enchants on those weapons (or tools) Mending is a great way to make it permanent (unless you try to swim in lava or something while holding them, which I've done before - lol). I also have Mending on my Fortune III pickaxe, so I use it to mine common ores like coal as well as diamond and lapis - the thing will never break.)
- Gaming Since The 80's

(03-13-2017, 12:08 AM)RetroSteveUK Wrote: Thinking about it, I also have Mending on my diamond sword. I think once you've managed to get some sweet, high level enchants on those weapons (or tools) Mending is a great way to make it permanent (unless you try to swim in lava or something while holding them, which I've done before - lol).  I also have Mending on my Fortune III pickaxe, so I use it to mine common ores like coal as well as diamond and lapis - the thing will never break.)

I have mending on everything that I actually own and use.

(03-13-2017, 02:49 AM)firegene Wrote:
(03-13-2017, 12:08 AM)RetroSteveUK Wrote: Thinking about it, I also have Mending on my diamond sword. I think once you've managed to get some sweet, high level enchants on those weapons (or tools) Mending is a great way to make it permanent (unless you try to swim in lava or something while holding them, which I've done before - lol).  I also have Mending on my Fortune III pickaxe, so I use it to mine common ores like coal as well as diamond and lapis - the thing will never break.)

I have mending on everything that I actually own and use.

Though if I had to make a new bow I'd have infinity because it's so easy to hop over to jellyskelly, get a bow, and smash 'em together on an anvil to fix it up.