• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tunnels under a claim?
Question 
I claimed a plot of land that I thought was 100 or more blocks away from everyone, built a small structure, and started mining beneath it. Near bedrock I found a long, straight tunnel intersecting my claim. What is the protocol here? Am I griefing if I modify the tunnel within my claim?

usually those are just the residue of people mining for diamonds, they usually have no interest in claiming those lands. unless u find some sort of sign or structure you'll be find to modify it...

I know cause I use to leave alot of those tunnels around 

-BAM Heart
Ign : BigAssMofo

Joined HT in 2015
MIA since 2017
Back in Action: 2024

As Big said, those are just mining tunnels. They're very common around levels 13 to bedrock, and it's very hard to find any stretch of land that doesn't have some form of mining tunnel running directly under it, or nearby. Unless you run into a player-made (or player-claimed) structure underground, tunnels are completely fine to dig, even under claimed land (though I think it would be frowned upon to intentionally dig a few blocks beneath someone's structure-- but if you're just a spit above bedrock and not intentionally creating a secret burrow under someone's house, it's non-consequential ahahaha
[Image: 1dogstransp_by_susiron-d8mysci.png]