Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: karnival1

Reason for your ban: Confrontation with an admin

Who banned you: Grimm_wolf

Why should you be unbanned: I was wrong in the way I handled the situation, I let my temper get the best of me, and I should not have acted the way I did.

Why do you want to come back: I spent a lot of time and effort on the things we built, and I would hate to see it go to waste.

(03-10-2017, 07:30 AM)karnival1 Wrote: Reason for your ban: Confrontation with an admin

Why should you be unbanned: I was wrong in the way I handled the situation, I let my temper get the best of me, and I should not have acted the way I did.

Why do you want to come back: I spent a lot of time and effort on the things we built, and I would hate to see it go to waste.

"2. Use effort: Moderators want to unban you, but not unless you actually put some effort into trying to get unbanned. Write a detailed appeal explaining what you did wrong, why it was wrong, and what you should've done instead. Make us want to unban you. One or two sentences makes us want to deny your appeal."
Source: https://www.hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3

This appeal is lacking, so it won't be accepted.

However, this will be an interesting lesson as to why [Mod]+ use SocialSpy.  We don't use it because we're nosy, as you said.  We use it to have a complete record of what was said on the server for reference purposes or to look over.

Evidence: https://postimg.org/gallery/1627zddaa/6bc05c26/

Confrontation 1-3: Your indignant attitude is not appreciated.  I had just woken up and was just plainly stating things.  Also, you don't know the rules when it comes to profanity on this server.

Comments 1A-E: Again, you don't know the rule on profanity on the server.  We weren't about to ban Psychocosm for talking about science, as you claim.  We were about to ban him for his drunken belligerence in chat that: A ) was annoying some people to the point of them closing the chat. B ) was degrading and insulting to some people.

[Image: Comment_1_E.png]

[Image: Comment_4.png]

After these comments, I'm not sure why you're even appealing your ban.  You obviously dislike our server.

Comment 2: Calling us "lazy fucks" aside, 5min was what was determined to the best option and AFK pools are a thing.

[Image: Comment_3.png]

You have a lot to work on and explanations to give if you want to be unbanned.  As with most people, I hope you have a wonderful week and best of luck on your appeal.

Signed–by your own words–an ignorant piece-of-shit [Admin]
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

I'm not directly involved in this ban per se, but I wanted to include my thoughts on one of the reasons for your grievances.

Now, I was present during part of what was going on with Psychocosm, or rather the end of it, right before it got out of hand. His overall demeanor when engaging in "science" with other people was very childish and rude, while filled with insults towards other people. We don't have rules against swearing exactly, just against excessive swearing (where it becomes more spam than anything) and swearing at people. That breaks our #1 rule, the rule against disrespect. The very same rule Psychocosm was breaking at the time.

You didn't see it, but I talked with Psycho in PM once Grimm/Neo told him to be quiet or be banned. He had just gotten finished calling me and some other people idiots, and I decided to find out what makes him tick. I also wanted to calm him down. Turns out, he was drunk, and he apologized to me for his outburst and said that he would try not to cause trouble in global chat from now on. I haven't really been on the server to confirm if he's stayed true to his word, but he did stop at the time.

Really, a lot of your complaints seem to be entirely misguided, as well as due to "miscommunication" we'll call it. You don't seem to fully understand our intentions, neither do you understand our rules. They're in place to make HomeTown a fun and welcome experience for everyone involved. That means that in situations like the one with Psychocosm, we have to shut it down if players are getting upset. As I understand it, none of Grimm/Neo's admonishments were directed at your friend DeathByBlowTorch, but to Psychocosm for his outburst. There's nothing wrong with talking about scientific things, and I didn't see DeathByBlowTorch do anything wrong. There's a way to do things and there's a way not to do things, and Psycho was an example of the latter.

Hope that clears up some of your confusion.
[Image: tumblr_nfz4m14xkj1toipevo1_400.gif]

(03-10-2017, 12:12 PM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 07:30 AM)karnival1 Wrote: Reason for your ban: Confrontation with an admin

"2. Use effort: Moderators want to unban you, but not unless you actually put some effort into trying to get unbanned. Write a detailed appeal explaining what you did wrong, why it was wrong, and what you should've done instead. Make us want to unban you. One or two sentences makes us want to deny your appeal."
Source: https://www.hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3

This appeal is lacking, so it won't be accepted.

However, this will be an interesting lesson as to why [Mod]+ use SocialSpy.  We don't use it because we're nosy, as you said.  We use it to have a complete record of what was said on the server for reference purposes or to look over.

Evidence: https://postimg.org/gallery/1627zddaa/6bc05c26/

Confrontation 1-3: Your indignant attitude is not appreciated.  I had just woken up and was just plainly stating things.  Also, you don't know the rules when it comes to profanity on this server.

Comments 1A-E: Again, you don't know the rule on profanity on the server.  We weren't about to ban Psychocosm for talking about science, as you claim.  We were about to ban him for his drunken belligerence in chat that: A ) was annoying some people to the point of them closing the chat. B ) was degrading and insulting to some people.

[Image: Comment_1_E.png]

[Image: Comment_4.png]

After these comments, I'm not sure why you're even appealing your ban.  You obviously dislike our server.

Comment 2: Calling us "lazy fucks" aside, 5min was what was determined to the best option and AFK pools are a thing.

[Image: Comment_3.png]

You have a lot to work on and explanations to give if you want to be unbanned.  As with most people, I hope you have a wonderful week and best of luck on your appeal.

Signed–by your own words–an ignorant piece-of-shit [Admin]

Ok, you want to honestly know the truth as to why i'm appealing even though I'm not a fan of the community? I have spent probably at least 20 hours of work into our area that we have so far, and I have 2 other players with me who hated to see I got myself banned, which wasn't the brightest move to do, and I see you've kept watch on me for a good while, so I really have no argument, but I hate seeing that amount of time go to waste and having to start over. So honestly that's up to you whether or not you want me back. I will try my best to keep my cool, and if I have comments, I will leave them to myself or find another way to communicate with my group. I was having a bad time with getting other communities/people to make a trade partnership, and I took it out on neo. Also I'm not a fan of political talk, and I was strictly talking to my friends, which is why i'm finding another way to communicate if I can even be unbanned. I'm sorry for calling you all ignorant and pieces of shit. The ignorant comment is strictly a view of my political stance. I don't agree with your political views, but I'm going to ignore it for now on. I have my own views and I am allowed to. Same with science, I'm a lover of science. And neo, we'll probably never see eye to eye, but I don't know you, so I made an ass of myself that day. I hope there's a chance for a 2nd impression. I shouldn't have took it out on you. I want you to know, I don't apologize often, so this is rare, but I'm doing it for the others, so we can keep playing together, and not have to find another server to start over on. If it has taught me anything as far as social spy, its shown me that I need a new way to communicate with the people I'm playing with, because I don't appreciate it, especially when I'm talking to friends. So with that being said, I believe it should be allowed for us to see your private conversations, if you are allowed to just snoop, and yes I said snoop into the things we say, when I was clearly talking to my friend and not you, because discussing that stuff in public chat would have gotten me banned faster than this did, and on top of that had nothing to do with this ban. That conversation I had with neo was the reason I was banned. And another thing, you didn't need to post the picture for anyone to see, I am well aware of the things I said, that wasn't anyone else's business besides my friend and I, and apparently admins since they have the authority to see every little thing.

You know what, honestly. I don't care. I gave it one chance when I appealed, I put in some effort to state my views within about 2 sentences. After that, when I seen your statement with the picture, made it very clear even if I was allowed to come back, I don't respect you or the others as admins, or as people, for the very reason that you would spy on our conversations that we have with our friends, so you can "have it handy, and use of evidence". It clearly had nothing to do with this ban, but you made it so. I'll either find another server, or make my own. I refuse to be shamed in front of your forums for stating my opinions to my friend, not you. Don't like what I say? Make the private discussions private and you won't have to worry about my opinion of you or other admins. Good day everyone. And I refuse to beg to come back to a server who doesn't care about its players. And it ultimately proves to me above all else, that if you allow this behavior on your server, none of you are mature enough or capable of handling a position like admin on a server, you're anti-social and paranoid about what others say in private messaging. It also shows your mental age. Learn some social skills. You wanted an appeal, there you go, the truth.

Two sentences is not enough, that was an already established rule years ago. You just don't want to make a better appeal. You think we were watching you for a long period? All of this was looked over after I banned you. You talk about mental age yet the only one here apparently having a tantrum is you, you even admitted you had issues with your anger and it's rearing its head again. If you believe you live in a world where you may say whatever without consequences, then you're going to have a much harder time than necessary. We don't care if you like dislike Trump, we do however take issue with toxic attitudes that results in undue scorn.

We've been quite civil with you, but apparently that's not enough. This server is run how we see fit, not how you expect it should run. If you can't accept that, then there's nothing we can do for you. Best of luck finding a new server.

HomeTown Rulebook

[Image: Screen_Shot_2017_03_10_at_8_38_35_AM.png]

I thought you were leaving, so I felt further comments weren't necessary.  Second, your appeal was denied by both the rules [Founder] Frost set forth for appeals–the very thread you got your ban appeal format from–and your further outburst.  Usually, people who are as smart as you can read and comprehend things quite easily, which is why it's confusing to see the issues and complaints expressed on this appeal regarding the rules.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2017_03_10_at_8_38_52_AM.png]

Implying that I even want to associate with you more, I don't play anymore.  You would've known that if we got a chance to be friends.  Second–unlike you–I don't feel the need to prove anything, and I can admit when I'm wrong and apologize.  Humility and humbleness is a good virtue in life.  Also, given you don't want to "waste your intelligence" on us, I don't see why you even made this request.

Anyway, since you're obviously just going to just give the staff-team further trouble, I suppose I should ban you under the rules of forums for annoyance.  Goodbye.  If you can come back with an alt, that would be great.  We can purge it, which will ban your IP and still still show this appeal for future reference.  Seriously, you're not the first player to be this indignant over imagined persecution and a lacking understanding of the rules.

HomeTown Rulebook

Social spy isn't just some random tool we use to listen in on people's private conversations for fun. We've caught some dangerous things with it that we wouldn't have otherwise. You also seem to not understand that everything you type in is recorded on every server you might join, and is clearly visible in the logs. This isn't a feature that is unique to HomeTown.
[Image: tumblr_nfz4m14xkj1toipevo1_400.gif]