• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alt Accounts Question
Question 
I've been playing Minecraft for a few years with my current user name. I've been thinking of purchasing a second account (with a similar user name to the one I already have) to use as a test account on servers, eg. I could test things like shop chests and land claim permissions to see how they function for other people.

My question is, are there any rules preventing us from playing on HomeTown using a second account, and if we can, are there any guidelines as to what we can and cannot do using these accounts?
- Gaming Since The 80's

(04-12-2017, 11:54 PM)RetroSteveUK Wrote: My question is, are there any rules preventing us from playing on HomeTown using a second account, and if we can, are there any guidelines as to what we can and cannot do using these accounts?

We really only have one rule when it comes to alt accounts: don't use an alt account to circumvent bans on your main account.  That's about it.  Anything you can do on your main account is allowed on an alt account.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

Good to know. Thanks.
- Gaming Since The 80's

I thought you couldn't transfer vote money to your main account either??

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

(04-14-2017, 03:51 PM)firegene Wrote: I thought you couldn't transfer vote money to your main account either??

This rule used to be in place, but it wasn't about vote money. It was the starting balance you received on the old server, and it was generally used for people who only brought their alts online for the money, not to actually use. Voting isn't a as much an issue, as the voting sites go by both IP and IGN.
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

You can get around the IP thing with a VPN