• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: Komodoku (Used to be joe_komodo)

Reason for your ban: Using X-ray

Who banned you: Grimm_Wolfe (About 2 years ago)

Why should you be unbanned: I fully admit to using X-ray and regret doing so, as this server was pretty much the only one I really played and enjoyed, I basically stopped playing Minecraft shortly after I was banned. I fully understand that not many X-ray appeals get accepted but now that a few years have passed and I want to get back into Minecraft I'm hoping I can start anew on my favourite server. I will gladly have all of my items, buildings, VIP and trusted rank(Or whatever rank it is now) wiped and set back to the beginning, I am truly sorry and I promise to never use X-ray again.

Why do you want to come back: I miss the friendly community Hometown offered when I used to play, after getting banned I searched for a replacement but couldn't find a server quite like Hometown, afterall most of my old time on Hometown was chatting to people rather than actually playing! I want to see if any of the old players are still around and see the new changes that have been made to the server and the community, I also want to once more take part in the discussions and games that are on the forums without feeling guilty! It will be really nostalgic if I get unbanned and hope you consider my appeal!

To be honest, I was not expecting this.  It's been two years without a word or explanation.  People were shocked when you got banned, no one thought it would happen.  A lot's changed since you played.  We got a new server and a new map.  The old one–the one we played on before–still exists, but hardly anyone plays on it.  The community's moved to the new one, which means you would start anew only if you get unbanned.  You'd keep your [VIP]-rank though.

I appreciate the honesty.  There's a few things we need to go over for an x-ray ban appeal, it's a sort of testing protocol we use.  You'll have to answer some questions to see if you understand why the use of x-ray is prohibited.  Each question requires an answer three or more (3+) sentences in length.

– Why is cheating typically not allowed on Minecraft servers?
– How does x-raying negatively affect the economy?
– How does x-raying negatively affect other players?

If you answer these sufficiently and promise to follow the rules, then you will be unbanned.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

– Why is cheating typically not allowed on Minecraft servers?
For a server to be balanced all players must be equal, cheating in any form gives someone an unfair advantage over the rest, which in turn disrupts the balance of the server.

– How does x-raying negatively affect the economy?
If X-ray is being used to farm rare materials, you could sell those materials at a store for a cheaper price than most and at a larger quantity, rendering everyone else's store overpriced and denying them of earning money, whereas the income will be directed towards you only.

– How does x-raying negatively affect other players?
If someone uses x-ray and rids the area of its materials, any players in the same area can no longer obtain said materials. Another reason, is that if a player has x-ray they can locate buildings easily, and use that advantage to potentially grief people.

Good enough, I suppose.

I've tried pardoning your IGN and IP. The ban's very old, so I'm unsure that did the trick. You'll have try logging in. Let us know if it worked or not.

Welcome back to HomeTownMC.

HomeTown Rulebook

(04-16-2017, 04:03 AM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote: Good enough, I suppose.

I've tried pardoning your IGN and IP.  The ban's very old, so I'm unsure that did the trick.  You'll have try logging in.  Let us know if it worked or not.

Welcome back to HomeTownMC.

I'm not sure if it's the right one but I'm still banned on smp.hometownmc.com, I just tried logging in.

If it has anything to do with it, I was once randomly unbanned from the server without reason, so I had someone else ban me again in your place xD (I do not remember who it was though)

Yeah, that should be the right IP.

Try it again now, Stargirl tried some other commands.

HomeTown Rulebook