• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banned for xRay
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): I was banned on the SMP Server.

Minecraft name: Visitables

Reason for your ban: I was banned for using xRay. 

Who banned you: Grimm_Wolfe http://prnt.sc/f232oo

Why should you be unbanned: Why should I be unbanned... That is because I've spent a lot of time on the server and I'm quite addicted to it. Okay, I'll tell you why I was using xRay. I started Strip - Mining, then I found only a few diamonds so I mined a lot more and found none, I thought this was a chunk error or something and then I tried mining elsewhere using /rand and I still didn't find any. I knew I was off by a few blocks. I got a few more diamonds from shisuan. He was kind enough to give me 27 of those blue shiny rocks. After sometime, I tried downloading xRay because I thought, you couldn't have enough of those. I got the mod ready to rock and started mining on the server. I found a few diamond veins on the surface of the cave and I'm ashamed to tell you, I covered up some of the veins. I don't really know when I was banned because I wasn't using it yesterday. It might be the day before.

Why do you want to come back: I provided some information in the previous question about this one but hey, why not type some more. I'll definitely get quite some people to hate me but, I know some people who trust me on not using this Mod again : Aphian, PaggaBoi, Lahoura, Birbing or Amy (forgot the rest of her name) and Shisuan. I spent quite some time on the server as previously stated but I really want to be unbanned because I really like it. I deleted the mod from my .Minecraft Modifications folder. I don't have it anymore and I won't download it again. 

I'm pretty ashamed as this is my first post on the forums. Anyways, thanks for reading the entire appeal and I really hope I'll be unbanned again. And if I'm unbanned, I'd probably make an application for staff. 

ViS
Hi

I appreciate your honesty, there are exponentially more times when a player denies having x-rayed.  That being said, I need to make sure you understand why x-raying on this server is not allowed.  We do this via short-answer questions.  If you can answer the following questions with three or more sentences per question, then you will be unbanned.

– Why is cheating typically not allowed on Minecraft servers?
– How does x-raying negatively affect the economy?
– How does x-raying negatively affect other players?

This should be easy for you, given your background on a prison-server.

As for staff applications, we don't have any.  Typically, we select staff-members from the pool of [Expert]-ranked players and approach them with an offer, which they may either accept or decline.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

I don't even know how you managed to know I was from a prison server! But, I am not really gonna question it as that is not being asked.

Why is cheating typically not allowed on Minecraft Servers?

Cheating is not tolerated on Minecraft Servers as it gives players an unfair advantage over people who do not really cheat. The cheater can easily get his share of stuff faster than the people who do not cheat. For example, a cheater CAN spawn in items for himself giving a foul authority over the items.

How does xRaying negatively affect the economy of the server?

x-Raying greatly and negatively affects the server's economy base. The xRayer can mine up a lot of diamonds and sell them in the shop giving him a negative benefit. This can increase a lot and the xRayer will be at /baltop #1 in no time. 

How does XRaying negatively affect the players of the server?

So when a player uses xRay and gets away from getting banned, others think it might be cool to do the very same thing. When they try using it, they get banned and the first cheater gets away using xRay. This way, more people get banned. The people who used XRay, go to other servers and try using it there and be the main man. I am basically trying to prove that other players get spoiled by using xRay. The reasons I started using xRay was : 

1. To get richer in terms of diamonds (Of course).
2. To test how long will it take Staff to catch me. Surprisingly, Grimm_Wolfe is a pretty good staff member as he // she (I don't really know your gender, sorry) found me the day after I downloaded it. Jokes on you, I wasn't using it on the day I got banned  Wink.
Hi

This is good enough to warrant an unbanning from the server.  Please, follow all of our rules from this point forward.  I hope to see you conduct yourself in a similar manner to the server you help staff from this point on.  Further infractions of our rules may result in a permanent ban from the server; we do not tolerate repeat offenders.

Welcome back to HomeTown.

As to your background, the HT staff-team sometimes run a limited background check via Google on some players, notably checking IPs, former IGNs, and past conduct on other servers to get a feel for the character of the banned player.

As for the efficiency of the HT staff-team when it comes to x-ray bans, you could've just asked.  We check our logs daily for x-rayers.  It's very rare for an x-rayer to go more than 24hrs without being noticed and banned, or put on watch.

X-rayers who get unbanned have their balances wiped and diamonds removed.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook