• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Shulker Dungeon
I have seen threads about elytras and my idea is just for shulker boxes (but you could apply a similar concept).
My suggestion is that there is a warp to a dungeon, where you pay maybe 2k-6k or something, to go into a custom dungeon, then there are lets say 10 shulkers hidden behind mobs and puzzles maybe, then if you kill them you get the shulker shells. You could maybe enter every 2-3 days and the dungeons could have increasingly hard difficulty, they could have co-op options and the rewards are shared for example.
this would make it easier for people to get Shulker boxes who joined the week after the open of the server....
I asked people who where online at that time and they said it was a great idea, and it would be much appreciated if it was made, I guess the actual dungeon build could be like some 'community project' just to make it easier Smile

I think this idea is not bad, gaining shulker boxes that way wouldn't be too easy and new people could have a chance to have some

(05-01-2017, 04:40 PM)theprogaming101 Wrote: I have seen threads about elytras and my idea is just for shulker boxes (but you could apply a similar concept).
My suggestion is that there is a warp to a dungeon, where you pay maybe 2k-6k or something, to go into a custom dungeon, then there are lets say 10 shulkers hidden behind mobs and puzzles maybe, then if you kill them you get the shulker shells. You could maybe enter every 2-3 days and the dungeons could have increasingly hard difficulty, they could have co-op options and the rewards are shared for example.
this would make it easier for people to get Shulker boxes who joined the week after the open of the server....
I asked people who where online at that time and they said it was a great idea, and it would be much appreciated if it was made, I guess the actual dungeon build could be like some 'community project' just to make it easier Smile

Yes, That is a great idea, Mabey some of you would know that in the hermitcraft series, they have that shulkers drop 2 shells everytime and it's a command block, love the idea, I'd say once every week would be better because it bring down the value of them, If you need help building I'll be happy to help! 
                                                                                                                       -Aqua

Obviously it would be a community thing if that is needed but we need staff attention for command blocks etc

I do think some mechanism by which a limited number of new shulker boxes could be introduced into the server would be helpful.  Rare is one thing, but newer players are already discouraged by how elusive and expensive they are.  And as Hometown shulkers edge toward extinction and shells and boxes are lost/destroyed or sit idle in the inventories of players who leave the server, they will eventually become unobtainable.  IMO, they're just too practical an item to let that happen.

(05-05-2017, 04:07 AM)AmbularD Wrote: I do think some mechanism by which a limited number of new shulker boxes could be introduced into the server would be helpful.  Rare is one thing, but newer players are already discouraged by how elusive and expensive they are.  And as Hometown shulkers edge toward extinction and shells and boxes are lost/destroyed or sit idle in the inventories of players who leave the server, they will eventually become unobtainable.  IMO, they're just too practical an item to let that happen.

I agree, tbh we need to have a resource end or something to fix this issue.
[Image: latest?cb=20140209085003]