• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal for my Former Noob Self
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): Hometown SMP

Minecraft name: Baconitus

Reason for your ban: I stole from Star's shop, also known as /warp glass. I took around 6+ stacks of food in total from her food section

Who banned you: Star

Why should you be unbanned: I can explain what happened. Alright so I used /warp glass as a newb to buy items such as glass etc, and I remember someone saying the shop was pretty old and from my perspective the shop's prices were outdated in comparison to other shops. I kept this in the back of my head when I found the food section that was in one of the corners of the shop. The chests were just there unlocked with tons of food, now I wouldn't have taken anything if I had known the person or if the shop was active but from what I remembered at the time, the shop was 5000+ hours old and I thought since the player and the shop are most likely inactive, I doubt taking this food would hurt. Now, as a newb, I didn't know about rules such as taking stuff and destroying stuff from old players and banned ones. I knew there were conditions, but in my mind set a couple of months ago, I didn't really care, just free food right? I remember seeing that the cookie chest was empty and this made me assume that someone else had taken stuff from the inactive shop. But I do think I asked who made the shop and someone said startgirl or something and I remember doing /seen startgirl but it said player not found which further made me think that the player was inactive or banned, thinking back I probably did a typo but I remember doing it like 3 or 4 times. I also only took stuff I needed, like 1 stack every other day, I didn't think in my mind I was really stealing just taking stuff from an abandoned chest. I know now that what I did was super newby,  I know that free food existed in the warp /freefood but since meat had more saturation, I took it. I was pretty inconsiderate as well since the player could have come back only to see what I had stolen. I wouldn't have ever done this if I had even known it was someone who was active around 6months ago and I would have asked the experienced players for their advice before doing so. I would have /cinfo the chests at least and known who it was from and asked if the player was banned or something . Had I known I was stealing from an active player or admin, I would have given them stacks of food and  some money as well to compensate for what I had stolen. This was a few weeks ago and I personally believe I have gained a better understanding of  the rules and wouldn't have done this this today. I didn't deliberately steal from star with bad intentions, I didn't even know the player who run the shop was  even active

Why do you want to come back: I want to come back to finish my  projects and to talk to some of the interesting players on this server some more.

-Well, I just checked prices, and they're not outdated, they're a dollar or two higher than a few of the much more active shops, but that's irrelevant.

-When you do /seen on a staff member who uses vanish, there's a chance they won't show up on /seen. I looked at my logs to see if I had allowed you to take food from me, as I allow people to take what they need regularly if they just ask, and I had been online three times that day, so you were just unlucky.

-You took around 21 stacks of items from me, which is ~1350 items.

That being said, I'll unban you this time (effective immediately), but this was most likely your last unban. You've already been banned once, and the "three strikes" thing should be in the back of your little minecraft dude's mind. Now that you know everything can catch up, is there anything else I should fix before you're accidentally banned again for it?
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

I just want to add that this was prior to me working on my stronghold, so I would think like (at least, since this was actually before I began adding a basement to my forge I believe, more likely around a month ago  but i dont know) 2 or 3 weeks ago. I didn't really know better but alright, thanks for forgiveness. I didn't really know who startgirl was nor if she even was active so I didn't really ask, I knew you were admin star but I didn't know you were startgirl, I just thought I was taking from an abandoned chest. I also tried not to take everything, but I was just taking from the chests continually, I wasn't trying to take your stuff and runaway, I just took the food since it's better than cooked fish and I didn't think anyone would mind since in my mind, it was an inactive player's, sorry. u.u