Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DrBot's X-ray Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: DrBot

Reason for your ban: X-Ray

Who banned you: Star/Kat

Why should you be unbanned:
I was not x-raying. While proving that may be difficult, if you read this appeal, multiple instances of irrefutable evidence will convince you of my innocence.

Here is my strategy for mining:
I get to y=11 and mine straight. I'll mine lapis ore (because I heard they were just as rare as diamond ore), and I'm not sure about what to do about andesite/diorite/granite because the server shop buys them for a lot. I think I normally try to go for it, but I decided to skip it halfway through mining a bunch of andesite because I was unofficially racing with my brother to see who could get as many diamonds as possible in 15 minutes. That's my usual strategy for mining. However, I don't remember if this was in the first 15 min of mining or the second set of mining, I decided to try to do something similar to a strip mine. I didn't want to run into my tracks again so I'd make my mines going in one direction for a long time, then mine a few blocks in one direction, turn back to where I face the the opposite direction I originally was, and mine back that way. Of coarse, the map I made was only mental so I didn't actually know how well spaced my lines were. I wanted them to be spaced enough so that while mining in one direction, I wouldn't find a diamond vein on one side that could have already been discovered in the previous line on my other side. 

Here's what happened that lead to that race:
Pemigrade wanted an automatic villager breeder and he said that he would only pay me $100, to which I first replied yes. I went to begin building him one but then decided that it would take me about 15 minutes to build the whole thing, and I could probably get a whole diamond ore vein in that time which would be worth $100 per diamond ore and there are many diamonds in each vein. So I went and started mining at y=11 near an ocean monument in the resource world (because I had a home set there and I could easily swim down to get pretty low into the ground). I mined for 15 minutes starting at 4:01 PM central time and ending around 4:16 PM, and didn't get any diamonds. However, I knew that I just got unlucky so I told my brother that I got 4 diamond ores and sent him chat messages about how much more beneficial it was for me to mine instead of work on his villager breeder. He then said something along the lines of "Wow! That's a lot! I'm going to mine too!" and I decided to race him. I remembered I had a zombie spawner that was pretty low to the ground so I teleported to that spawner and went down to y=11, but I realized I went too far so I turned back, found y=11 and started there. Every time I found a diamond vein, which only happened two times before I got banned for x-ray, I said "Wow! x hundred dollars already," where x was the number of diamond ores I got. I didn't use torches because I had a sea lantern in my offhand with OptiFine which causes it to emit light. Pemigrade then jokingly said "Which x-ray are you using? I'm using XRAY112.org". I had mined for two minutes, which admittedly is a short amount of time, before I went to warp pigman to repair my pickaxe with mending. I had found two diamond ore veins in two minutes, but keep in mind, in the mining trip I went to right before this, I hadn't found any diamond ores in 15 minutes. While I was at warp pigman, Star said that she and Kat caught me X-raying. At first, I thought they were joking, but then they banned me. Their ban was solely based on the two veins I had found. 

In addition to this, I have chat logs that show me using OptiFine rather than another mod that could have x-ray. I have sent these to Arayvek on Skype. These logs prove that I was not using x-ray mods, but x-ray can also be used as a texture pack. I did not logout between the two 15 minute mining sets. Therefore, I could not have logged out between them and changed to an x-ray mod. Also, I wish I had thought of this sooner but goo.gl/photos/D9VfazTxZ66h3HeP8 shows I haven't removed any mods out of my versions folder since I got banned and I do not have an x-ray mod.

X-ray however can also be a texture pack. When I was getting banned, I hadn't thought about taking a screenshot to prove that I was not using x-ray. Sometimes I take screenshots on accident by pressing F2 instead of F3. The most recent screenshot I accidentally took was on June 8. An image of that is attached showing that I, at least on that day, was using the default texture pack. 

Also, it occurred to me that I should be able to prove that I did not have an x-ray texture pack if I showed that my resource pack folder was empty and it had not been modified since I downloaded Minecraft on this computer on 6/02/17. Here is the video for proof of an empty resource pack folder which has not been modified since my ban: goo.gl/photos/WknAqu4qBBXUUeEb7.

Additionally, I showed Pemigrade my screen moments before being banned because I thought Star was asking him if I was using x-ray (It turns out she was asking him if he was also x-raying). Pemigrade will agree with me that I did not have an x-ray texture pack. However, he being my brother and not a staff member, I understand why you would not unban me strictly based on his word.

Yet another nugget of evidence is that in the chat log I sent Arayvek, one of the lines say "[18:54:24] [Client thread/INFO]: [OptiFine] Resource packs: Default" proving once again, that not only did I use the OptiFine mod, but also that I used the default resource pack. If any other staff member would like that chat log to verify, have her forward it to you.

Here's a summary of my strongest arguments:
  1. My ban was based solely on two diamond veins.
  2. I went mining for 15 minutes just prior to the second mine I created and found zero diamonds.
  3. My logs contain the line, "[18:54:24] [Client thread/INFO]: [OptiFine] Resource packs: Default"
  4. Both my versions folder and my resource packs folder do not contain x-ray aids and had not been modified since the moment of my supposed x-ray.
I would like to add that one of the most sacred principles in the American criminal justice system is the presumption of innocence. This says that one is innocent until proven guilty. While this may not apply to HomeTown as it is not the American criminal justice system, I believe that not only have I successfully defended myself from the shard of evidence against me, but I have proven myself innocent in this case.

Because I read the ban appeals in the Ban Appeal thread, I know x-rayers must answer three questions. Although I deny x-raying, I'll still answer them to demonstrate my understanding of why x-ray is not allowed on HomeTown.

- Why is cheating typically not allowed on Minecraft servers?
Cheating is typically not allowed on Minecraft servers because it can give you an unfair advantage over the other players in the server. Fly is disabled in the end because the server staff want all players to have an equal chance at getting the elytras and dragon heads which are both worth so much. Also, by cheating, new players are able to get above players who have been playing fairly. The players who have been playing fairly may feel they also need to download cheating mods in order to maintain their current financial state in Minecraft.

– How does x-raying negatively affect the economy?
X-raying negatively affects the economy by bringing the diamond price down. People who obtain many diamonds would sell them to a shop who would then have to sell them to other customers. As the shop owner’s supply increases and the demand is still the same, the price of each diamond sold by the shop owner would decrease, and other shop owners would have to decrease their diamond price as well if they would like to get sales as well. In this way, the price of diamonds everywhere goes down.

– How does x-raying negatively affect other players?
As I stated in the last question, x-raying brings the price of diamonds down. Players who fairly obtain diamonds end up getting much less money by selling their diamonds to shops that already own diamonds in a world with x-ray when compared to a world without. Players who fairly mine for diamonds are much poorer than x-rayers because of this. Because of this, x-raying negatively affects other players.

Why do you want to come back:
You can see my desire to return based on this 1600 word appeal. I wish to see many of the other players on the server and continue helping those who don't yet know many of the rules and useful commands. I also want to complete my shop and build a pvp arena. Ironically, I appreciate your efforts to remove x-rayers from Hometown.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

-DrBot

Haven't forgotten you- still talking.
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

Just so anyone reading this in 2018 doesn't think the staff have been talking about me for several months now, I just got unbanned a couple minutes ago.
-DrBot