• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MY IP Address was banned
So last night, I was watching some Trailer Park Boys, AFK'd at my Villager Breeding System. I had a friend over. His name is FaultyPineapple. He was playing on the server. I was watching TPB though, and wasen't paying attention to what he was doing. He said, hey C10 want some diamonds? I said sure, he gave me about 40 thousand worth. I sold these, thinking they were from Legitimate mining. I flourished in my wealth, auctioning off a shulker box I had bought. I sold it for 1600, I had bought it for 4000. I sold it because I wanted to give back to the Hometown  Community. Well, This morning I log in to view my IP Address banned for X-raying. I go onto discord, freaking out because I had just gotten Experienced rank and VIP a few days ago. I have spent so much time on this server, and since the incident of the "camp", I have been a good noodle. I USED to use a hacked client, Huzuni, for flight purposes. After being unbanned for this, I never used a hacked client again. Back to discord, I contacted Star. Star said Faulty xrayed over 400 diamond ore, in less than an hour. I was disgusted. Star then gave me permission to appeal my IP address. Obviously, I feel upset not with the staff, but with faulty, as it is ultimately his fault for my IP address being banned. I really want to come back because I had spent so much time on this server and becoming friends with the community. I would never condone this behavior which was shown by faulty and I  DO NOT partake in the use of hacked clients.
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: C10H15Nitrogen (My IP address)

Reason for your ban: Xray

Who banned you: Star (Startgirl)

Why should you be unbanned: I did not X-ray or use a hacked client. I was not even using Optifine as it is not released for 1.12 yet. 

Why do you want to come back: I really want to come back because I had spent so much time on this server and becoming friends with the community. I would never condone this behavior which was shown by faulty and I  DO NOT partake in the use of hacked clients. I was even planning on purchasing VIP 2. 

Thank you for taking time out of your day to read this,
your friend C10H15Nitrogen

I also know those who are banned for X-ray have to answer these questions. While I was not xraying, I will answer them anyways because I see them fit for this situation.

Why is cheating typically not allowed on Minecraft servers?
Cheating, just like in real life, is not allowed because those who want a good game, typically want a fair game. When somone exploits the game, this makes it unfair, making the game no longer fun. When a game isn't fun, people wont play it. This is why I opt'ed for a vanilla survival server. Everyone has equal opportunity to make money.

– How does x-raying negatively affect the economy?
X-raying negatively affects the economy thru deflating prices of diamonds. As more diamonds are put into the system, the price goes down. This in turn messes with the economy, eventually making diamonds (The most expensive part of the game) cheaper than cobblestone through an unbalance of diamonds. When something like diamonds becomes so readily accessible due to the prices being so low, nobody will no longer work for them and there will be such a surplus nobody will be mining anymore.

– How does x-raying negatively affect other players?
It negatively affects other players in the same way cheating is unacceptable in Minecraft and the real world. It makes the X-rayer rich through exploiting the market, thus giving them money they dont deserve, while the other players are earning less money for more work.

I also went flying with Swiss. I took a screenshot of me flying the parachute and with F2 open to show how high up I was. It shows I was using Optifine the day of the ban of IP Address.

http://imgur.com/a/XwrF2

Along with that Screen shot from before the update, I also took a screenshot afterwards. Since Elytras are expensive, I fly in creative with an elytra on creative. While disapproving of the new update, I said "Microsoft needs to Alt+F4". Someone in chat then said, I wonder what ALT+F4 does on a mac, followed by them leaving the game. I found this funny and took a screen shot. In the screen shot, It shows there was no GUI or anything of a hacked client that I could use xray with.
http://imgur.com/a/bNuOK

Your IP ban will be lifted, however, I'll have to return your balance to 0 and take all the diamonds. Do you agree to these terms?
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

Of course. Thank you.

Your ip is freed, welcome back to HT.
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!