• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inventory glitch-- inventory "rolling back" and/or duplicating
I've already mentioned this issue in chat a few times, but I figured I ought to make a formal report on the matter jic it helps resolve the issue

I know that staff are aware of a glitch that is randomly wiping player inventories when visiting between the main world, mini games, and creative but I've experienced a different sort of inventory glitch recently while hopping from creative to the main world. Specifically, it seems like my inventory was completely "rolled back" to include items that I'd removed from my inventory earlier in the day. I believe this glitch has happened to me twice, though I'm not sure when it occurred the first time since I didn't realize it had happened at all until the second occurrence. 

A couple of nights ago I was working on my castle and had my inventory completely filled with stone, clay, glass, and wood blocks that I then dumped into a chest so I could have a clean inventory to fit pigments for an artmap. I then decided to build a dragon in creative, however. After leaving creative, I found my inventory completely filled with the building blocks that I'd stored hours earlier. I wasn't sure at the time if my items had duped or simply been rolled back into my inventory somehow, so I just crammed them in a chest, mentioned it in chat, and just chalked it up to the inventory wackery that's been going on. I'm still honestly not sure if the items were duped or not, since I keep forgetting to check the first chest that I put my items away in to see if it's full or not

A day before this occurred, I noticed that I had two versions of my fortune pickaxe, "How Fortunate"-- one on hand, and one in a chest. At the time this confused me since I have had to make several versions of How Fortunate, so I wasn't sure if my pick had somehow duplicated or if I'd found a legitimate copy that I'd somehow misplaced. I put it away at the time, but became more suspicious when I then noticed that a low-tier diamond shovel of mine had also seemingly doubled. I put the shovel in a chest at /warp free (along with a second shovel that I thought was another potential duplicate, but it turns out it was my one and only good shovel, RIP Scoopy, I hope you're well). In hindsight I should have burned the suspected duplicate, but I wasn't thinking at the time and only wanted to ensure that I was not personally benefiting from a potential glitch

After talking to Lex about this issue, I burned the second pickaxe. I'm afraid though I'm not sure which of the building materials were potential duplicates, since I put them into an already partially filled chest and I use the same sort of materials for most of the structures in my town.

I apologize if this is something I should have made a formal report about sooner. I did mention all of these oddities and issues in chat when they occurred (with at least enforcers present, I believe, but can't say for certain), but I truly wasn't sure of the glitch happening for some time, or what was specifically occurring. I only assumed it was the known inventory glitch at work, or that my poor memory was making a fool of me. If necessary, I can check that building material chest of mine tomorrow and try to dispose of any blocks that may have duplicated.

I hope that some of this information helps, and that these inventory glitches get resolved soon. Sorry if this is a bit hard to read and uncertain-sounding. I'm writing this just before bed, and having a bad memory really made me confused if and where I was experiencing technical issues or personal forgetfulness with this particular issue.
[Image: 1dogstransp_by_susiron-d8mysci.png]

Also I go into creative take anything from the creative inv and go back to survival. I still have the dia or whatever I took.

I also burned the dia after talking to Lex.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
I'm gonna beat you Rasse you filthy maggot

I snapped the shovels up, Susi, although they're both unnamed. Been taking good care of them, but I think it's time Scoopy returned to you. Is the donation chest at Treetastic locked to you? I'll put Scoopy in there if it is, else we can work something out. I'll burn the other one.

(06-20-2017, 08:18 PM)kirinelf Wrote: I snapped the shovels up, Susi, although they're both unnamed. Been taking good care of them, but I think it's time Scoopy returned to you. Is the donation chest at Treetastic locked to you? I'll put Scoopy in there if it is, else we can work something out. I'll burn the other one.

Huh if they were both unnamed then I must've seriously misplaced Scoopy ahahaha. I just assumed that was one of the ones I put in there since I couldn't find it anywhere. I wound up making a new Scoopy anyway, though, so no worries xD
[Image: 1dogstransp_by_susiron-d8mysci.png]

Well if it's alright with you, I'll keep the shovel then? Either way, I've burned one of them.

The strange thing is when I checked, they have different enchants. One of them didn't have either Unbreaking or Efficiency. The other had three enchants: Unbreaking, Efficiency and Fortune. So either I really need new glasses, they weren't dupes of each other, or someone somehow screwed up something somewhere sometime.

If a staff member reads this, I kept the one with the three enchants, and chucked Mending on for good measure. As mentioned, I destroyed the other one. If I should get rid of the one I have now, please notify me.

(06-20-2017, 05:22 PM)firegene Wrote: Also I go into creative take anything from the creative inv and go back to survival. I still have the dia or whatever I took.

I also burned the dia after talking to Lex.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
Um hello? This glitch is still active.

We have to wait for either an update or a different fix; we've done what we can.
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

(06-24-2017, 03:04 AM)Star Wrote: We have to wait for either an update or a different fix; we've done what we can.

It's fine now, Shis shut down creative.