• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Parrots on perches
Big Grin 
A while ago i wished parrots could go on sticks as perches. Someone in chat mentioned that end rods could work. Well today i finally tried it and it is awesome. if you want your bird on a end rod this is how it works. first you must place your end rod and a dirt block(it can be any but dirt is easier to destroy) beside it to jump up onto it. You then get the bird on your shoulder and hop onto the end rod. Next encase yourself in dirt so its 1 wide and 3 blocks above you to jump(it must have a roof so the bird cant fly up). Now you jump and wait for you bird to land on the end rod and make it sit. here is the tricky part. You want to exit the opposite way of the bird so you dont push it of the end rod. I was lucky the first time where my bird didn't fall but my second atemp i had to redo because i bird fell off. Once you get out successfully you can remove the dirt and adjust the bird if needed(such as the bird looks a little off the rod). And there you go. a bird on a perch. 

Now if someone has already made a post about this im sorry for repeating, but its still pretty cool.

*NOTE* it seems that the red parrots are the hardest to sit and the greens are easier. this may be dependent on the bird that is what just happened to me.
[Image: tumblr_noczeq8jXn1t45pbyo1_500.gif]

Oh this is cool, thanks!

Very cool idea. If anyone wants to see how it looks like here is a screenshot[Image: Pj7avh9fR6CivZfeGM2mGg.png]

(07-09-2017, 09:55 AM)frost Wrote: Very cool idea. If anyone wants to see how it looks like here is a screenshot[Image: Pj7avh9fR6CivZfeGM2mGg.png]

Thank you so much frost. i could not figure out how to get my screenshots ^-^
[Image: tumblr_noczeq8jXn1t45pbyo1_500.gif]

Nice!!  Thank you very much for this post.