• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xp farms
Exclamation 
So i have notice an increase in the usage of xp/gold farms moop and pigman. Both are owned by the same person so the same rules apply to both farms. Pigman does display the rules of the farm as moop does not. The problem i see is that no one will listen or follow these rules. 

Rule 1: Don't steal XP or drops: I have seen this a few times. i have been afking and someone stoops by and rather pushes me out of the way or just stands there. Sometime they stop by for a little to repair an item. I don't care this is counted as theft. I or the current user was there first and as a result gets first dibs on everything that is generated there. Twice i have also had gold nuggs stolen from me(one time i was able to get them returned). There are plenty more XP farms that you can go and stop by to get XP. to repair your pick. Also if the current user is there and spots you using it and ask you to leave you should leave. you were not there first and you can wait your turn. Also DO NOT turn off the grinder when someone is using it. That is just flat out wrong and is prohibiting the current user from getting the item that they wanted in the first place. 

Rule 2: Dont AFK forever(1-2 hours max): Now this rule seems to be followed but i hate when people accuse me of having been at the farm for a long time. I time myself so i know when i am breaking this rule. i have never stayed at one too long anyway. and it also takes longer when people do steal as they are getting the items and not me since i was there first. 

Some people will reply to this cause they are ones who do this to me and tell me to chill. I am chill its just you are breaking the rules and must follow them. Im trying to teach them and as a result makes me steam when they do not listen.
[Image: tumblr_noczeq8jXn1t45pbyo1_500.gif]

Yes, I personally have also known of two instances wherein someone was grinding xp and then some other person shows up and and buds in and starts using it, not even asking the person who was there first if they could get in for a couple minutes. As such, I asked the owner of the farms to make rules for using them so people would (hopefully) stop being rude and budding in if they knew it was not allowed. As such, he made the rules and made the second farm as well so that other people can use it as well.

Unfortunately, I do not know how we'd enforce people to abide by the rules for using these farms, if anyone does have an idea, please tell us; I do not appreciate people budding in on me, nor would anyone else. In the end, please have the same consideration for others as you would wish them to have for you.

One last thing, if you're afking for gold, I believe /warp jellygold was reinstated if it was ever deleted, so please use that if it's not being used for getting gold, that way you do not inconvenience others or run the risk of others stealing your gold that you are afking for. Also, when grinding out levels for things, I recommend using a guardian farm instead since they're better for grinding levels (Worse at repairing tools from my experience); the guardian farms I know of are Jellyguardian, Guardianxp and Guardianwool (Or Woolguardian, it's owned by Lahoura), DrBot also has a guardian farm, but I do not know the warp and whether it is an xp farm or just a drops farm.

(07-25-2017, 06:01 AM)Nyozel Wrote: Yes, I personally have also known of two instances wherein someone was grinding xp and then some other person shows up and and buds in and starts using it, not even asking the person who was there first if they could get in for a couple minutes. As such, I asked the owner of the farms to make rules for using them so people would (hopefully) stop being rude and budding in if they knew it was not allowed. As such, he made the rules and made the second farm as well so that other people can use it as well.

Unfortunately, I do not know how we'd enforce people to abide by the rules for using these farms, if anyone does have an idea, please tell us; I do not appreciate people budding in on me, nor would anyone else. In the end, please have the same consideration for others as you would wish them to have for you.

One last thing, if you're afking for gold, I believe /warp jellygold was reinstated if it was ever deleted, so please use that if it's not being used for getting gold, that way you do not inconvenience others or run the risk of others stealing your gold that you are afking for. Also, when grinding out levels for things, I recommend using a guardian farm instead since they're better for grinding levels (Worse at repairing tools from my experience); the guardian farms I know of are Jellyguardian, Guardianxp and Guardianwool (Or Woolguardian, it's owned by Lahoura), DrBot also has a guardian farm, but I do not know the warp and whether it is an xp farm or just a drops farm.

thank you so much for this information. i will use it so i no longer have to deal with people stealing.
[Image: tumblr_noczeq8jXn1t45pbyo1_500.gif]

Yes, Warp Jellygold is still there, you can use it anytime you want. Also, at Nyo, you would have to take all your armor off to repair tools at guardian farms. If the armor takes dmg while killing guardians, all the xp will go to the armor first then your xp bar, none will be going to the tools. In all respects, Guardian farms are the fastest source of xp on the server. Also, I would recommend a system put into gold farms that prevent others from entering when they are in use, which mine does have.

I suggest you take this with the owner as its more a farm problem then a server problem.

DrGuardian is my guardian farm. The xp part is free to use for everyone. Just abide by the rules
-DrBot