• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lawsuit- Canadian624
Brick 
Addressed to: The Hometown Community

The entity known as Hometown Bank, LLC. Is suing user "Canadian624" over a matter of HT$60,000. We expect full payment as the day on which payment was expected has been extended already. We ask staff to cooperate in helping us to reclaim our payment. We have no assets that we can seize due to the fact that the player is a novice and the loan was issued based on trust because the CEO, Marconycr, knows this player in person.

Matter: Loan of $60,000 dollars in diamonds not repaid
Expected: $60,000 dollars or current diamond equivalent.

Canadian624's membership has been terminated and is no longer allowed to deposit funds at the bank.

This post is approved by:
Chief Executive Officer- [Member] Marco
Proof:
http://imgur.com/a/7GDo2

Can confirm

The issue about a bank is a really bad idea wich you just found out. We have discussed the bankissue before on the forums and you just found the main glitch. Staff dont have the time to deal with this, nor do we want to.

I bet your mad for loosing money but I for one is not getting involved here.

So bunch of money just went to waste?
-0,0 days without a sh*tpost

-Forum dwelling since 2015! 

So you made a bank? On hometown? With our economy plug in working fine as it is? I can't really see anyway in which a bank would ever work, it would either be biased or as it has just happened, money has been loaned to a player which didn't give it back or could have changed it into diamonds or anything and burnt it.

Mate you might need to sort this out yourself, shisuan won't help you and I think if you made this bank and you've got a problem with it, you need to fix it on your own.
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

(08-01-2017, 06:02 PM)Sky Wrote: So you made a bank? On hometown? With our economy plug in working fine as it is? I can't really see anyway in which a bank would ever work, it would either be biased or as it has just happened, money has been loaned to a player which didn't give it back or could have changed it into diamonds or anything and burnt it.

Mate you might need to sort this out yourself, shisuan won't help you and I think if you made this bank and you've got a problem with it, you need to fix it on your own.
I second this. This bank can't be enforced by ht staff what so ever. I'm sorry the person didn't pay you back the money the owe you, but even if the staff enforced this, it would break the economy. Because they woild basically be spawning in money at an alarming rate which would create forced inflation meaning in game money becomes less valuable. Inflation on the server is goos, but it needs to be natural. And giving out loans to people would mean a higher chance of players noy paying back and if staff were to compensate you, this would be causing the forced inflation I was talking about above. The whole concept of this bank seems extremely problematic imo. I wish you luck on getting your money back otherwise though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
[Image: latest?cb=20140209085003]

That's exactly what I told him osh.
I spoke to Canadian624 and he wants to earn the money back, I recommend setting up a beacon for him to mine at instead of going directly to staff to ask for the money back.
You trusted him with the money because hes your friend- you should trust him and give him time to get the money back.
[Image: IqEDa8l.png][Image: IgRwvbV.gif]

(08-01-2017, 07:27 AM)HometownBank Wrote: Addressed to: The Hometown Community

The entity known as Hometown Bank, LLC. Is suing user "Canadian624" over a matter of HT$60,000. We expect full payment as the day on which payment was expected has been extended already. We ask staff to cooperate in helping us to reclaim our payment. We have no assets that we can seize due to the fact that the player is a novice and the loan was issued based on trust because the CEO, Marconycr, knows this player in person.

Matter: Loan of $60,000 dollars in diamonds not repaid
Expected: $60,000 dollars or current diamond equivalent.

Canadian624's membership has been terminated and is no longer allowed to deposit funds at the bank.

This post is approved by:
Chief Executive Officer- [Member] Marco
Proof:
http://imgur.com/a/7GDo2

It has been asked in Staff-Chat for the opinions of multiple members of the staff-team-including the [Founder]-regarding this case.  It has been decided that no action will be taken.  It has come to light that Marco, CEO of the entity known as Hometown Bank, LLC, and others have suggested a banking system for the HomeTown community, which all have been met with official disapproval by the staff-team and warnings against such business pursuits.  As evident in this thread: https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=242 , the general idea of a bank on this server has never been supported by the staff-team.  Therefor, all operational-responsibility shall not be delegated to any member of the staff-team, as the staff-team does not recognize, condone, or has agreed to enforce any banking regulations, rules, or asset management beyond the scope of the staff-team's official duties to the server.  Any losses are understood to be private-business risks.  In light of the situation and its outcome, the entity known as Hometown Bank, LLC is advised to cease all further activities, as no staff-sanctioned committee will be formed to enforce banking regulations, rules, or asset management beyond the scope of the staff-team's official duties to the server.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

the reason why banks work irl is because they go through your credit history or check your credentials and decide whether or not what you're asking for the money for is a worthwhile investment or not. they try their best to invest money as smartly as possible and if the investment doesn't pan out it's money they lost. when they invest, they accept the risk, but they also assess it, and they make sure they gain more than they lose. if we were to spawn money for you that would create an exploitable system where you can just go around giving money to everyone and losing nothing, which wouldn't really work. like a real bank, when you invest money you're accepting the risks that come with it. that includes not getting a return on your investment.
[Image: tumblr_nfz4m14xkj1toipevo1_400.gif]

If you or a loved one has invested in "Hometown Bank, LLC" you may be entitled to significant financial compensation.