• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The Underground Super Highway" Project
Hello Everyone,

I want to present a project I’ve been working on with some of my friends for the past two days. Its name is “The Underground Super Highway” and it is an ice boat highway bridging together the various towns and shops on the server without the use of warps.

For those who do not know what the ice boat highway is, it is a glitch involving placing a boat on top of ice and riding on it allowing you to reach incredible speeds and travel huge distances in a short amount of time. Since Mojang advertises this as a feature, this bug will most likely never be patched and we will be able to continue to use the highway.

“The Underground Super Highway” (Or “TUSH” for short) is simply a straight 3x3 tunnel with a strip of alternating ice and a slab down the centre with boat dispensers at either end. The highway will allow you to travel from one side of the world to the other (30000 blocks) in about 13 minutes.

The Highway will be absolutely free to use for everyone, but this doesn’t mean you can grief it or steal the packed ice.

Included in the link is a rough map of the HomeTown world

The red lines represent the planned tunnels for the highway so far, while the yellow lines represent tunnels which have already been dug out and ice placed. The Yellow dot near the centre is spawn and its immediate surroundings and the blue dot towards the right side is Ironfall, the first city connected to the TUSH and my home town (Heh, see what I did there?). Each pixel represents 20x20 blocks.

http://imgur.com/a/C8QMd

(This map will be updated every 3 days with showing our progress on it and detailing the positions of the cities involved)

If you would like your town, shop or landmark connected to the TUSH you can PM me on the forum or send me (SupGamingHamster) or Jackyback a message in-game and we can work something out.

But alas, we cannot do this by ourselves and so we turn to you; Most work done on the TUSH will be voluntary as we simply cannot afford to pay people large amounts of money for the digging, but if you do decide to help the cause, we will try to help you as much as possible by providing you with any resources you may need (such as packed ice or pickaxes) and any mined resources are yours to keep.

If you have any suggestions or questions about this idea, please let me know in the comments underneath.

Thank you for your time,
-SupGamingHamster

TUSH Update #1:

Two Highways are being dug out right now, one in the nether for quicker transportation and one in the overworld for recourse extraction and for its simple entertainment more than its functionality. The Nether Super Highway (TNUSH for short) is being dug at nether bedrock ceiling height and the TUSH is being dug at at y=12 to maximize the chances of diamonds.

The layout of the nether highway is identical to the overworld one (They run in parallel) with the nether one being scaled down properly

The following map shows the progress made on the nether highway:

http://imgur.com/a/UCQhI

Wouldn't this be a lot easier in the Nether? 1/8 the number of materials and mining. Also, netherrack gets mined a lot easier than stone.

This could be used for animal transportation, which makes me tempted to join. I think I'll wait a few months before I join your highway system.
-DrBot

I think this is actually really neat! It sounds like a fun way to travel than just using boring old warps. I'd love to volunteer to help whenever its needed
Feed my babies!
[Image: 67pmR.gif] [Image: D9hiB.gif]

(08-13-2017, 10:46 PM)DrBot Wrote: Wouldn't this be a lot easier in the Nether? 1/8 the number of materials and mining. Also, netherrack gets mined a lot easier than stone.

This could be used for  animal transportation, which makes me tempted to join. I think I'll wait a few months before I join your highway system.

Hmm, yea, we really didn't think of that and in retrospect it seems so obvious. Thankfully we didn't make that much progress yet, so switching now is still a completely valid option. 

We might continue the overworld highway as a form of gathering diamonds and other useful overworld-only resources but keep it in the backburner until the nether highway is complete.

Thanks for the suggestion Big Grin

A place to test speed 5 with jumping? Sounds gr8 to me!
-0,0 days without a sh*tpost

-Forum dwelling since 2015!