Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: coby__

Reason for your ban: X-ray

Who banned you: Star

Why should you be unbanned: Please read below.

Why do you want to come back: Love the staff and players and genuinely want to make friends

First off let me preface this with mentioning that besides this week, it has been at least a half of a year since I've played the server. Obviously I should have refreshed my memory of the rules upon returning but I was eager to try out the new updates. I'm not saying this hoping for leniency towards my ban appeal, I'm mentioning it just so you kind of get the idea of where I'm coming from.

So I was banned for X-raying, which is obviously frowned upon by the multiplayer community as a whole, but I do have some misconceptions that led to me thinking It was a completely viable thing to do. Always reading the chat like I do, players were talking about their balance and how they obtained such a high balance. Intrigued at how openly one of them was talking about their past activities involving X-raying and how they still had a large balance from it, it led me to believe that it was an okay thing to do. Another example is a different conversation between myself and another player about the person with the top balance (or one of the top 5) and how the player i was talking to mentioned that they were previously a moderator and just openly generated money to /pay said player. This also led me to believe that balance wasn't taken very seriously on the server and it was "anything goes".

Believe me, i love the grind that minecraft survival has to offer and the reward of obtaining something you worked hard for. When I saw that the server had a vehicle plug-in which involved helicopters and planes i was dumbfounded, as I had never before seen a plug-in that cool before nor one that worked so smoothly. After a player showed me their collection of vehicles and took me for a ride in his plane I decided immediately that I wanted one as fast as i could obtain it. So I resorted to the path of less resistance and downloaded an X-ray pack. I immediately began mining with the X-ray pack and obtained the helicopter. In excitement I gave the remainder of my balance to somebody who was saving up for one too, as i felt i had no need for it after I acquired the one thing I wanted.

I realize I messed up and I'm not too happy about it since I really, really enjoy the players and the laid-back-mature server as a whole. I read that x-ray ban appeals don't often work out for players but I'm really hoping you'll give me a second chance with your awesome server. Obviously you have my word not to cheat as I only wish to return to my awesome tree fortress that was in progress. I would love to return and continue to talk to people and make friends.

Thank you for reading my ban appeal. 

Coby__

Your honesty has indeed given you a second chance on our server. I highly recommend you review our rules when you return to our server, and know that in the future, anyone claiming to have xrayed is either joking or seconds from being banned. You've been unbanned, however your diamond equipment, diamonds, armour, etc. need to be given to a staff member when you return, and your balance will be set to 0. You've been unbanned, welcome back. Second chances like this are few and far between; be careful.
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

(08-27-2017, 07:43 AM)Star Wrote: Your honesty has indeed given you a second chance on our server. I highly recommend you review our rules when you return to our server, and know that in the future, anyone claiming to have xrayed is either joking or seconds from being banned. You've been unbanned, however your diamond equipment, diamonds, armour, etc. need to be given to a staff member when you return, and your balance will be set to 0. You've been unbanned, welcome back. Second chances like this are few and far between; be careful.
I've been checking back for this reply about 5 times a day now, haha. I really appreciate the second chance and I'm excited to return. Thank you so much!