Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: Hydreigon

Reason for your ban: X-ray

Who banned you: Grimm-Wolfe

Why should you be unbanned: first, i won't deny that i've used x-ray. usually, i only use it for the cave light thing (honestly) and rarely do i ever actually x-ray for ore. i live with my friend (ninjusfelus) and we both go diamond mining. again, i won't deny i've used it, but many of the diamonds i've found were either by accident (whether it's digging to expand our house) or simply out in the open. both of us have accumulated many diamonds (my friend does NOT use x-ray, does not have it installed) over the course of a few(?) months playing. so, i understand the ban. i know it effects the economy. it was just the other day i used by diamonds to buy quite a few items (while also selling nether quartz, which i typically find by 'worming' around in the nether and hoping i don't come across lava..i have used x-ray to find nether quartz ore, but not very often. it's really just mining.)
thinking back on it after rereading, i don't want to accidentally lie somehow. i have gotten quite a few diamonds from x-raying, yes, and i do know this was a stupid thing to do. i do not want to lie to you grimm_wolfe, or any of the other admins. i don't have a reason to. but again, i think the most recent time was earlier this month, i believe. i don't wish to argue, so correct me if i'm wrong (or scold me harshly if i'm wrong really, whatever you'd prefer) because i have a bad memory. i apologize again for i'm not very good with economy stuff, but my diamonds and quartz i've sold to get money weren't fairly gained, and therefore i have money i shouldn't have gotten. i was hasty for some reason, whether it's armor or tools, and i apologize. i did not wish to harm the server economy, but i suppose i just wasn't thinking. i should've made things fair and just worked like everyone else, whether that's strip mining or selling various things to other players to help boost the economy normally.
i apologize for it, and if allowed back on, i will be more than willing to give the admins/mods my diamond items (tools, armor, etc.) or whatever else they ask for. i will also be more than willing to pay most of my money to one of them, if that's a thing. i'll definitely remove the mod from my folder and not touch it on this server again, you have my word. i know i rarely chat on the server but i don't have any reason to say and not do this. i rarely did it before, and there's no reason to have it anyways, i legitimately just enjoy the cave bright thing more than torches. but of course like i said, i can remove it, no problem. i'd be happy to provide proof somehow? not sure how, maybe a picture of my .minecraft folder while i'm on the server with my hand holding my minecraft UN? heh, if that'd work, i'd do it. yeah. i'm not lying about anything i've said, and i hope you'll believe me. i do have regrets now, and yes, i know it's because i got banned. it's my fault completely. i hope you don't think i'm making this all up as some kind of try-hard sob story or whatever. again, i swear i'll never use that mod again, on this or any other server. i was dumb, plain and simple.

i keep editing because i want to make this as honest as possible, i'm sorry for the essay. i want to say how i'll learn from this (i saw this in another ban appeal post and, well, might as well answer)
alright. i'll learn to not mess with mechanics in place for a legitimate and good reason. i've affected the economy and that can have negative repercussions on the community as a whole. i can't expect to not get in trouble for doing these types of things, that's for sure. i wasn't feeling cocky or anything, i had a feeling this would happen and i know i should've just stopped dead in my tracks, uninstalled, and continued like a regular player. i've learned that.. man, sometimes i am just dumb and this is what happens. if you go against rules, it's gonna come right back at you basically. plus, where's the fun if you just find all the good stuff immediately? the point of the game is to take your time and have fun, not rush into things hastily so you can maybe get some good armor and tools. don't be a moron, i'll say to myself (too little too late)
okay, that was a wall of text oops

(oh my lord another edit. i'm trying, guys! really i am)
so, how it affects the economy...i want to say it's similar to counterfeit money? if not gained fairly? basically, i mass-produced (sure let's go with that term) money by x-raying for 'dirty' diamonds, selling them, thus creating..inflation? i believe; i'm reading up on it right now and i'm still not 100%
the more 'fake' money i've gotten, the higher the price can be on things for other players? as in, i can artificially inflate the price? err, i'm very sorry for not understanding the topic properly. maybe it's deflation and i'm talking like a complete buffoon..

Why do you want to come back: my friend and i both very much enjoy the server. we've built everything from scratch, and we barely use the shops or buy things. it's just a nice semi-vanilla to relax on and work on our farm house. the community from what i've seen is so much more welcoming than many other servers i've had the displeasure of playing on. i now play on one other server besides this one, and it's, honestly, slowly dying, which isn't great. hometown has a lively community and i'm confident that i can play for months without worrying about it going downhill. also, i've donated $10 to get VIP1  (it was $10, right? the VIP1 package? sorry, i can't quite remember at this moment), and (while i know it isn't much) i never donate to servers unless i know i'd be playing on it for quite some time. i do hope you consider unbanning me so i can do whatever i need to return items/money/whatever you'd like, just so i can enjoy playing with my friend on our farm. i do want to ask if, in the case that i'm unbanned, my friend can keep a portion of the diamonds considering they found a lot also. i want to say half a stack, but i'm sure you have ore logs to tell you how many they've broken compared to mine anyways. everything else will go to the admins to be destroyed and i will start saving/enchanting from the beginning by fairly selling various ores i find through regular mining.

thanks for your consideration. again, i apologize. i didn't plan on buying anything major with the money i got, just enchantments, really. 

i've edited this a bunch so um. yeah, i think that's all i can write for now. i didn't want to leave out any details, and i may have but just forgotten, so....thanks for reading this novella

That appeal though:
[Image: 779.gif]

You went above and beyond what 95% of players do and I do appreciate the effort you used.  You'll be unbanned shortly after this is posted.  Please, refrain from breaking the rules further, doing so may result in a permanent ban.

Welcome back to HomeTownMC.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook