• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hovanders Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): I was banned on the semi vanilla minecraft server. 

Minecraft name: Hovander

Reason for your ban: Griefing

Who banned you: Grimm_Wolfe

Why should you be unbanned: I wasn't trying to grief on purpose. My friend and I joined the server, and we enjoyed it a lot. We random spawned into the map, and there was a house and a farm. It looked like a village, so I clicked on the wheat, but it gave me seeds. After this, we found out it was not a village and it was actually somebody's house. I only destroyed one block, and I wasn't trying on purpose to ruin his base. I tried to explain what happened, and he didn't believe me. I kept telling him what happened, and he eventually banned me and my friend off the server.  I was wrong for destroying the wheat, but I was not trying to grief this persons farm. I did realize quickly after destroying it that it wasn't a village, and I did not break any more. Overall, I believe I should be unbanned because I did not have the intent to grief.

Why do you want to come back: I want to come back to the server because I think that it is fun, and it doesn't have a huge community of trolling kids like other servers do. I am so far disappointed on how I was treated on the server, and how I was instantly treated as a liar for telling the truth. I would like to give it another shot though.

-Hov

(09-18-2017, 08:56 AM)hovander Wrote: Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): I was banned on the semi vanilla minecraft server. 

Minecraft name: Hovander

Reason for your ban: Griefing

Who banned you: Grimm_Wolfe

Why should you be unbanned: I wasn't trying to grief on purpose. My friend and I joined the server, and we enjoyed it a lot. We random spawned into the map, and there was a house and a farm. It looked like a village, so I clicked on the wheat, but it gave me seeds. After this, we found out it was not a village and it was actually somebody's house. I only destroyed one block, and I wasn't trying on purpose to ruin his base. I tried to explain what happened, and he didn't believe me. I kept telling him what happened, and he eventually banned me and my friend off the server.  I was wrong for destroying the wheat, but I was not trying to grief this persons farm. I did realize quickly after destroying it that it wasn't a village, and I did not break any more. Overall, I believe I should be unbanned because I did not have the intent to grief.

Why do you want to come back: I want to come back to the server because I think that it is fun, and it doesn't have a huge community of trolling kids like other servers do. I am so far disappointed on how I was treated on the server, and how I was instantly treated as a liar for telling the truth. I would like to give it another shot though.

-Hov

Here's why you're banned:

A )  I started following you and Mudkipz because you were both new, and then I caught you two actively griefing the first build you found.  I don't care what your intent was, I just made you stop before you damaged more things.

B )  All you said was, "it was just fucking wheat and you thought it was a village".  What NPC villages have sheep pens, homes with no roofs, homes partially made of dirt, and consist of just two mentioned buildings?  It should've been pretty obvious.  It also sounds like you're trying to justify some level of grief being okay, which it's not.

C ) Since you and Mudkipz were griefing this build together, any damages incurred are put on both of you.  You cost this player some blocks and sheep.  You specifically may have griefed "just" wheat, but you two collectively damaged a build.  Mudkipz's griefing is your griefing, and vice versa.

Now, I'll be willing to unban you only if you understand the full gravity of yours and Mudkipz's actions.  New players griefing the first thing they see is not a good picture no matter how one words it.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook