• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A question for staff
I have a question. Ive been thinking about renting the chests in my shop at Ryhub out. The idea is that they will pay weekly/biweekly/monthly for the use of a Dchest, but the chest will still be under my perms and within my claimed land. Now my question is, should they stop playing or for whatever reason stop paying the rent, seeing as i cannot break the shop sign (i tried with the help of DinoGirl). Would I be able to ask staff to remove the sign so that I can rent the chest out again.

I plan to have them sign an agreement on this by putting a sign up with their name and date under a TOS set of signs somewhere around the shop. But I wanted to know the Servers policy on this, seeing as its nothing like a bank, but rather more like renting out an apartment. But instead a shop space.

[Image: 7bNhSIS.png]

The chest can't be under your perms since it's a shop chest- meaning they would have to own the chest. Also, what will happen to the items inside of the chest?
xo

(09-21-2017, 11:50 AM)LilDevilian Wrote: The chest can't be under your perms since it's a shop chest- meaning they would have to own the chest. Also, what will happen to the items inside of the chest?

Why can't I connect to the sever it says it is still 1.12.1 version?

(09-21-2017, 12:37 PM)GlazorDonut Wrote:
(09-21-2017, 11:50 AM)LilDevilian Wrote: The chest can't be under your perms since it's a shop chest- meaning they would have to own the chest. Also, what will happen to the items inside of the chest?

Why can't I connect to the sever it says it is still 1.12.1 version?

Because the server haven't been updated yet. You need to change your game version to 1.12.1, you can do this in the first start menu.
xo

I have had the chest under my perms, but i cmodify the person's ign on it. It then allows the person to put a shop sign on it. The thing is, when the shop sign is on it, I cannot break the sign or the chest. However when Dino cinfo it, it says it still belongs to me.

I tried it with Dino, and we had success in the trial, except that I couldn't break the shop sign. The moment Dino broke it though, I had all the perms needed to open it and do whatever with it.

As for the items, I'd assume it would go to me. Figure I could make that part of the TOS as well. Never thought about that, thank you for bringing that up.

The items would only belong to you if you explicitly stated that in the rental agreement, like you said, otherwise we would destroy them. As for unlocking the signs, it's easy enough for a mod+ to remove them.
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

(09-21-2017, 09:23 PM)Star Wrote: The items would only belong to you if you explicitly stated that in the rental agreement, like you said, otherwise we would destroy them. As for unlocking the signs, it's easy enough for a mod+ to remove them.

Thank you so much for getting back to be so quickly on this star, and for clearing this through. It's greatly appreciated.

I really do like this idea. It helps people with to much of an item but dont have a shop. The ability to make a temporary shop chest in a popular area can increase sells, especially if they advertise it. This works for the opposite in my case where I was in need of an item and was buying them for a good price allowing people to make money.
[Image: tumblr_noczeq8jXn1t45pbyo1_500.gif]