• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Translate Plugin
I love seeing people from all over the world signing in on the server.

What are your thoughts about adding the Google Translate Plugin or something similar to the server?  Then everyone could see chat in their own language, and respond in their own language.

I don't even know if the plugin is compatible with the newer versions of Minecraft.

I approve

[Image: 7bNhSIS.png]

this is a neat idea, but as a partial speaker of another language (besides English) i can honestly say that google translate isn't very reliable.
[Image: 79ca12078dbede1dbd3dfa104d2ed112.gif]
Visit /warp bulk for all your building needs! 

it's nice but some word are wrongly translated on google translate, I already experienced some awkward situations because of it

i dont even want to talk in norwegian most of the time, but i do like the idea, and if it has a toggle switch, i'm all for it.
Also, since google translate is so "good" at translations, i'd love to see some funny outcomes
"Permit my hazard into your plight. Once life sucked, now 'tis alright?" -Epros, Okage Shadow King

(10-19-2017, 05:48 AM)TheFabNova Wrote: this is a neat idea, but as a partial speaker of another language (besides English) i can honestly say that google translate isn't very reliable.

Ya, I know it's still rough around the edges.  Engilsh-Spanish and vice-versa is not 100% for sure.  But if it is bothersome, it appears that one could just turn it off.

I've sometimes scraped stuff from chat in another language and ran through google translate manually - was helpful to at least get the context of what they were saying.

I think it's a pretty awesome idea!

even with the copious amounts of errors caused by google translate, second language communication could at least get a point across in most cases.

As long as the global chat would remain English (or any other language if the server is taken over by Doc and an army of angry Scandinavians) I think it would be great

This is pretty cool. Even if the translation is really bad, it would be better than nothing and would be nice to those who want to use it. Ill check it out