• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite "Classic" Horror Film?
Whats yalls favorite classic horror film and why?

It can either be classic by todays day (ie Halloween, Friday the 13th, etc) and age or an actual classic (Frankenstein, Creature from Black Lagoon) Just a little thread for the spirit of Halloween 

I personally like Hellraiser. Its dreadful, gruesome, and really disturbing in a way. Sure it hasn't held up over the years and the score isn't even that great, but I feel like it was different than other horror movies. Most other movies around this time cut around the actual gore and found the same usual formula to scare its viewers, but in Hellraiser it was filled with absolute dread.
The main antagonists weren't the Cenobites or even Julia really, it was Frank, and sure you could argue that the Cenobites are the reason the events in the movie happen, but honestly Frank knew what would happen if he opened the puzzlebox and then he tried to escape the consequences, Pinhead only came to collect. 
Maybe I'm just crazy and need to see a doctor tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[Image: fghXbip.png]

Get out or Scream

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
[Image: latest?cb=20140209085003]

Im a wuss boiled in a big pot of mint sauce so i don’t watch horror films
-0,0 days without a sh*tpost

-Forum dwelling since 2015! 

(10-27-2017, 02:48 AM)Naut Wrote: Whats yalls favorite classic horror film and why?

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
- The idea of losing one's own humanity and loved ones is a scary notion.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

I have two that I hold above all others and a third that I make sure to watch every Samhain. My favorites are Dracula (1931) w/ Bela Lugosi and Night of the Living Dead (1968) by George A. Romero. Both were a first for their time and have a feel you do not see in today's films. That said, I cannot let a Halloween season go by without watching The Nightmare before Christmas (1993) by Tim Burton.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

I dont know what classifies "classic" but i really enjoyed "You're Next" Erin literally was like "nah fam"
[Image: 79ca12078dbede1dbd3dfa104d2ed112.gif]
Visit /warp bulk for all your building needs! 

I really liked Ju-on

I have a terrible confession to make: I've never been that big a fan of the true classics, i.e., Bela Lugosi and company.  I recognize their cultural significance.  I've just been spoiled by modern production values.

As far of remakes of the monster greats, I think I liked Coppola's 1992 Bram Stoker's Dracula best.

I'd say my favorite 'modern classics' would be Aliens, a couple of the Nightmare on Elm Street films, and Shaun of the Dead.  And I second Gecko on The Nightmare Before Christmas, as well as what I think of as its companion piece, The Corpse Bride.

I've got a soft spot for a few less well-known flicks, too: Deep Blue Sea (1999,) Event Horizon (1997) and Leviathan (1989.)  ETA: Oh, and also Species (1995.)

I'm almost tempted to count Titanic.  I mean, a giant ship goes down in icy water in the middle of nowhere as a psychopath runs around shooting at people over a girl and a diamond, hundreds of floating corpses blanketing the water as far as the eye can see, one of the leads winds up freezing solid and sinking to the bottom of the ocean...pretty damn horrifying, when you think about it.

ETA2:  How the hell did I forget The Mummy (1999??)

I have a lovehate relationship with horrremovies. So any movie where they dont split up or someone is stupid enough to go out by themself after 5 people already been killed is good imo.