• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pengu Tales
AnOthEr upDAtE

So recently I've been all over the place trying to catch up with... everything.

I've been working on a program for my coursework at school which is not going so well. I have 2 months to finish programming it and writing about it, and I'm not sure if I'll make it. I'm meant to be training a neural network to learn stuff, but I haven't managed to make a program that trains the network. As a result I haven't even started building the network. I'm supposed to be able to hand *something* in on monday and I'm not even sure if I'll have half a project...

Meanwhile I had my first driving experience alone today. I haven't driven in a few months (no insurance) and I've never driven without someone else in the car. It was... interesting. I came out of my road and realised that the back windscreen was misted up. It was dark so I had my lights on, but I also could not see anything out the back. I turned on the blowers and misted it up even more. I then worked out how to use the lights properly. The engine then reminded me that it was a lot smaller than what I'm used to by threatening to stall at some traffic lights (I saved it though). I then got out of town and couldn't see the lines on the road, so I was watching the traffic coming the other way to judge where the centre of the road was. Then I parked in the next town over, but there were no street lights so I couldn't even see the parking space. I then locked the car but left the lights on, and something on the dashboard started beeping. It took me a while to work out what was wrong -,-

Luckily, I had no problems on the return journey. Driving cars that you're not used to is the worst.

That's pretty much it to be honest. See ya.
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

Kinda necroposting my own thread, but I'd rather not create a second thread for the same purpose

So yesterday I moved out. I'm now living in halls and waiting for my university course to start. I'll probably be *around* every now and then, but not as regularly as I have been since I'll be going out a lot on various adventures.

AMA

So today I had a two hour lecture about how the first viruses were developed and how they worked. Was super cool tbh. Still haven't done anything related to my course yet though Sad

Also I'm buying a new bike tomorrow along with a full face helmet. Gonna hit the mountain bike trails on wednesday with my MTB society so looking forward to that!

sooo as for the neural network, been there done that my man, hard work but worth it. as for first viruses Tongue ask your proff about the Epsilon Data Breech of 2011. fun stuff. if you have any programming questions dm me im happy to help and if i cant ill think tank it with my MIT classmates.

(10-09-2018, 04:32 AM)xEpsilon52 Wrote: sooo as for the neural network, been there done that my man, hard work but worth it. as for first viruses Tongue ask your proff about the Epsilon Data Breech of 2011. fun stuff. if you have any programming questions dm me im happy to help and if i cant ill think tank it with my MIT classmates.

Finished the networks project over 6 months ago, but thanks anyway.

We're still in the first stages of my course atm so everything's basic as shit. We looked at some oldschool viruses like Brain and STONED but haven't done anything recent. It was mostly a focus on how DOS and other systems used to boot up, the structure of the data stored on a hard drive, and how viruses can hide their own code using <BAD> clusters, or the IBM dead space at the start of the disk. Obviously, modern OSs can easily spot shit like this.

Maybe when we're doing something related to the course I'll have more questions, but at the moment we're still trying to teach the non-CompSci kids how to program in Python and the non-maths kids how to do maths...

(12-13-2017, 05:05 AM)TheNamesGames Wrote: And here i am sitting at my home, frickin’ 20 inches of snow outside my door and schools functioning quite operational...

lucky I'm stuck here in FL and its 90 outside it so hot

Pengu eat hot curry
So I made some friends on my course. Two of them are Indian and moved to the UK to come to my university, and the third has Indian parents but is from Birmingham. They all speak fluent Hindi and somehow I ended up friends with them. It's quite entertaining to see me, a 6"4' white guy, walking along the street with three shorter-than-average Indian friends, but anyway. I went with them to an Indian restaurant near where we live and I ordered a large curry. I got the response "This is too hot for you English, and a large is too much for one person to eat"

Bet.

I hadn't eaten anything and it was 3pm. I'm having a fucking large curry. As I place the order, one of my friends runs over and tells the chef to make it extra hot. Joke's on him, I used to live near, to and frequently went to, a balti house. I've eaten several hot curries including Phall and Vindaloo. I've also had homemade curries using homegrown chillis such as the scotch bonnet, naga, and bhut jolokia (hottest chilli in the world 2011). We get this curry and I start savaging into it because I'm starving. To cut the story short, I ate the whole thing.

I'm inviting these guys over to mine next week, and I'm going to cook them a curry in the style of one of my dad's and see how hot they can take it

I couldn't take that, but I'm proud of you and still miss you :3
- KatNip

(10-12-2018, 03:11 AM)TheOnlyKat Wrote: I couldn't take that, but I'm proud of you and still miss you :3

well good news: I'm at home this weekend and can play minecraft again

for 2 days

(12-14-2017, 05:22 AM)Penguin Wrote: 1: That's the most adorable bottle ever!

My friend "Tom" and I went to a German style bar where everyone drinks German beer out of glass steins. While there, I ordered a shot of JagerMeister. Like most places, you would expect them to pour 25 mil of Jager into a shot glass... right? Apparently not. Instead I was handed a tiny little 25ml bottle of JagerMeister! It's the best thing i've seen and I'm keeping the bottle because it's amazing.

It's been nearly a year and I still haven't opened this bottle of Jager. I brought it to uni with me and it just sits on my shelf doing nothing. One day, I'll open it...

In other news: It was really nice to go home over the weekend. Partly to see my family and celebrate my sister's 23rd, but also because minecraft isn't blocked at home!! I managed to come on three times and explored the new update quite a bit. I love the coral reefs and the underwater grass. Also, underwater ravines are SO COOL! I still stand by my opinion that phantoms are the absolute worst addition to the game though. I won't be visiting home again until christmas so I guess I'll be around for a few weeks then. Otherwise, I'm confined to the forums