• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MaryK8 Unban [REVISED]
Server you were banned on (SMP): Hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: MaryK8

Reason for your ban: Griefing another person's build.

Who banned you: Rowebot

Why should you be unbanned: I did not mean to break or steal anything. I'll be sure to be more careful and I will repay in any way I can.

Why do you want to come back: Its fun and most my friends play on this server.

/warp market; asked to fix grief there then started noticing lots more grief -- your name on most of it in the logs.
/Rowebot

Rowe, i have to ask. but how was the market griefed, its protected by world guard and only people with shops there are allowed to build and remove their shop.
[Image: rIcAAht.png?1]

Vil,  I was called by Lowri for 2 balcony glass panes broken.  Then we noticed glowstones missing and enderchests missing as well as quartz blocks and the water fountain missing 2 stationary water.  These activities all took place between 800 and 2400 hours before.  Players involved at different times were MaryK8 (3 glowstone, 3 enderchests, 1 stained clay, 8 blocks involved in a hole through the wall, 1 quartz from another wall, and 2 stationary water from fountain where quartz was removed and replaced), auca (1 glowstone), mblego (1 glowstone), xxcandyplaysmcxx (7 glowstones), cawpkake (1 stained_glass_pane), and xxdcfcxdyl4nxx (1 stained_glass_pane).

I walked through the logs for each player looking for further block removals within a radius of 50 from the fountain and investigated each removal.  Given this was thief from a public place, those players who were not already banned had their activities for the last 2400 hours examined for other block removals anywhere on the server.  Those obviously griefing other players builds were banned.  MaryK8 exceeded the ban threshold at /warp market alone.  Auca exceeded the threshold elsewhere.  In the course of my examinations, obvious grief caused me to ban Laxer555.

Overtime work interrupted me while I have 5 players still being investigated for grief.  All will end up receiving warnings or bans; this is ignoring much older grief encountered by yet other players -- I am looking at grief by active players as I encounter it (i.e. under around 1000 hours).   I will return to this list over the next few days as my work crunch allows.
/Rowebot

So i had dk check your breaks maryk8 and you did infact greif aras mall. Please revise your ban appeal now knowing this information.

Rowe understandable confusion as we did steal her mall for the market Smile

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
[Image: rIcAAht.png?1]

Oh. That helps explain some. Given that she's only 9 and doesn't understand server rules like that, It is possible she didn't even realize the place was in use. And she came over from another server that wasn't so open with shops with me and my group. I'll talk to her later this week now that I have this information. Thanks!

Also, if her log was near any of my builds, that was on my request. I should prolly be sure to point that out since shehelps me tear down parts I dont need or mess up on lol. And I need the help.
Ruler of Kniteland
Builder
Enderborn
Ninja