• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Ban appeal
Heart 
Hello there!

Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): I was banned on the Minecraft server.

Minecraft name: My in game name is raekuun

Reason for your ban: I was banned because for using a X-Ray texture pack.

Who banned you: Rayvenz

Why should you be unbanned: I believe I should be unbanned because I am sincerely sorry for using X-ray and i promise that I will never use it again.  I'm sorry that I didn't treat you with respect when I decided to turn X-ray on and broke your rules. I don't know what I was thinking when I very stupidly did it, it was impulsive because I just wanted to get some diamond gear easily. I respect the rules in place and shouldn't have underestimated them and your staff.

Why do you want to come back: I really want to come back because I just started playing on the server recently because my friends told me that it was a super friendly and fun server. I have already built a town with my friends and I would like to continue building and making fun memories. I have truly tried my best to earn your trust and respect again.

I hope for your forgiveness.

Kind regards,
Raekuun

Hello raekuun. Thank you for your honesty, it is appreciated very much when appealing.
X-raying is a serious offense on this server and is harmful to the economy and the players.
So before you are considered to be unban,I must have you write a detailed response to each of the following questions.
Each response is expected to be at least a paragraph long. 

- Why is x-raying bad?

- How does x-raying affect other players?

- How does x-raying affect the server's economy?

- What have you learnt from this ban?
[Image: IqEDa8l.png][Image: IgRwvbV.gif]

Why is x-raying bad?
X-raying is bad because it is unfair to other players that actually try and is unnecessary because you could just actually go mining or buy the resources, instead of cheating and finding a easier way to do the hard work.

How does x-raying affect other players?
Xray affects other players by giving them a unfair disadvantage because when you use X-ray, you can get ore's easily and at a fast rate. But for other players, they have to go mining for a long time to find a decent amount of resources.

How does x-raying affect the server's economy?
Well, when you use X-ray, the player could easily get a lot of gems and sell it . This makes the player unfairly rich and the player would easily be #1 on /baltop.

What have you learnt from this ban?
I have learnt that hometown is super strict on its rules and breaking the rules is not tolerable. Anyone who breaks the rules will be punished rightfully and will have to work really hard to rejoin the server and their trust. I have also learnt to never break any of hometown's rules as it causes a problem for staff and for me too. 

Please put more effort into your appeal. Update your appeal and answer the questions in more detail. 
About a paragraph per question.

(01-02-2018, 02:55 PM)rayvenz Wrote: Please put more effort into your appeal. Update your appeal and answer the questions in more detail. 
About a paragraph per question.

Why is x-raying bad?
X-raying is a hack that is very harmful to a server like hometown because you can drag other players into it. Opening a shop and selling materials that you easily collect and sell them cheap, but in bulk and always in stock. This gives those players who have purchased and figures it out guilt from giving a hacker more money and popularity.

How does x-raying affect other players?
Xray affects other players by giving them a unfair disadvantage because when you use X-ray, you can get ore's easily and at a fast rate. But for other players, they have to go mining for a long time to find a decent amount of resources. Maybe even not enough resources. This makes them look for a easier way, they might find a shop that sells them for cheap. But the shop uses X-ray, giving them a huge profit with infinite resources.

How does x-raying affect the server's economy?
X-raying can break the servers economy easily because it can get you a lot of resources quickly and effectively. And this can damage the servers economy easily, getting you rich in material and cash. This makes the player over powered quickly, maybe even #1 on /baltop in a day. While other players have to mine a whole day or so to find a decent amount  And thats how it negatively affects the servers economy.

What have you learnt from this ban?
I have learnt that hometown is super strict on its rules and breaking the rules is not tolerable. Anyone who breaks the rules will be punished rightfully and will get caught. Me thinking back, its just a way to lead me away from my friends. I will not use anything on this server ever again that gives me a huge advantage from other players. And that my friends are way too addicted to your server and i miss playing on hometown.

Thank you for revising your response. This appeal is acceptable and you have been unbanned at the time this is posted.
Upon returning to the server you must hand over all the x-rayed ores to a staff member and your balance will be wiped.
Welcome back, please review /rules to help prevent future offences.